Review-Gearteeth (Gearteeth Trilogy #1) by Timothy Black

Gearteeth (The Gearteeth Series, #1) - Timothy  Black

Synopsis:

In 1890, a disease that turned sane men into ravenous werewolves swept through the United States like wildfire. On the brink of humanity’s extinction, Nikola Tesla and a mysterious order of scientists known as the Tellurians revealed a bold plan: the uninfected would abandon the Earth’s surface by rising up in floating salvation cities, iron and steel metropolises that carried tens of thousands of refugees above the savage apocalypse. The remnants of mankind huddled fearfully in the clouds, waiting for the werewolves to devour each other.
Yet, twenty years later, only one salvation city remains aloft, while the beasts still rule the world below. Time has taken its toll on the miraculous machinery of the city, and soon the last of the survivors will plummet to their doom. But when Elijah Kelly, a brakeman aboard the largest of the city’s Thunder Trains, is infected by the werewolf virus, he discovers a secret world of lies and horrific experiments that hide the disturbing truth about the Tellurians.
When the beast in his blood surges forth, Elijah must choose between the lives of those he loves, and the city that is humanity’s last hope of survival.

My thoughts:

I came across the blurb through a friend of mine and even though I’m not a big steampunk fan it sounded really interesting. So when I was offered a ARC I jumped right at it .
I’m so happy I did. I really enjoyed this book a lot.
I thought it was kind of interesting the werewolf curse was seen as a disease/ plague that ravaged the lands.
The world building and characters were very well described and made it easy to get lost in. Sometimes it seemed a little long-winded but not enough that it would get boring.
There was nonstop action and things happening all the time so there was not much room for boredom. The story was suspenseful with enough action and emotional turmoil but also some pretty big surprising twists.
I thought all the characters were very rounded and easy to relate to and enjoyed them a lot.
Overall, I enjoyed this book a lot and thought it was great first book for the trilogy and can’t wait to see what the next book has in store.
I rate it at 4 ★

*I received a free ARC copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Pre-Order: