Second Chance Ranch by Cindi Madsen

Second Chance Ranch - Cindi Madsen

Synopsis:

Sadie Hart has a plan: return to her small town of Hope Springs so she can regain her confidence—and bank account—before giving one more shot to her country music dream. The dream that means more to her than anything. The dream she chose over her high school sweetheart, the brooding and sinfully handsome Royce Dixon.

Royce has moved on from his memories of the beautiful Sadie. Now he’s focused solely on running Second Chance Ranch, where he rehabilitates troubled teens through ranch work. But when he needs a new employee and Sadie’s the only one to volunteer, he has no choice but to offer his old flame a job.

Whether riding a horse with the wind in her hair or mucking out the stalls, Sadie can still get Royce’s heart beating like no one else. But Nashville is her dream, and Royce can’t settle for second best.

My thoughts:

This was my third book by Cindi Madsen and was super excited when I saw this one coming up as a review copy. I jumped at it right away.

Cindi Madsen has a thing for writing such wonderful characters that just pull you in and seem so realistic. I just love her writing.

This was book was my favorite so far of the few book that I have read by her.

What’s not to love? Country music, hot cowboy and the second chance ranch for kids who (mostly) deserve, well ,a second chance.

It was an easy ,funny, romantic and smexy read. I loved both Characters they were both easy to relate to even if there a few moments where I wanted to strangle Royce and tell him to get over it.

I thought it was great ending; neither did really have to sacrifice to much to make it work.

I think this is the beginning of a series and I cannot wait to read the other books. I think I have a idea of who it might be about but we will see.

Overall I thought it was a great read and recommend it to anyone who likes contemporary romance and give it 4 ½ ★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“Oh, sure, I let one little bale of hay get a way and you think I don’t know what I’m doing?”

***

“So,um, I noticed you’ve got Wi-Fi now,” she said, gesturing to the sign in the window of the cabins that reminded the kids they could have internet time on the community computer if they done their chores. “Fancy”.

“Yeah, and we stopped crunching butter just last month. Super excited about that “

***

But Sadie had only wanted to throw herself at him a couple of times. A day. Or maybe more like couple of times an hour, if she were being completely honest. So, yeah…. totally friends.

***

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Will be available September 15th 2014