Isis, Vampires and Ghosts - Oh My! By Janis Hill—DNF--

Isis, Vampires and Ghosts - Oh My! -  Janis Hill

Synopsis:

When Stephanie Anders discovers her estranged, wild-child little sister has died and she must attend her funeral, she discovers that Estella’s death is not necessarily as terminal as she had been lead to believe and that, rather than dead, her sister is more of the undead variety. Too late to save her sister’s life, Stephanie Anders must now try to save her soul from the vampire who has possessed her, Branwyre, eighteenth vampire Lord of the Aegean.

With only the aid of the ghost of a pissed-off Buddhist monk with a potty mouth, and the modern day Priestess of Isis, Stephanie must battle demons and other denizens of a world she knows nothing about. Even her first task, to recover Branwyre’s crucible if she is to succeed in banishing the vampire before he has regained his full strength, is not what it seems.

But dealing with a demon, or double-binding a vampire in a sunbed pales in comparison to learning how to forgive her sister for what she did, especially if she is to have even half a chance of saving her soul.

Welcome to a world within our own, the Other World. A place of Darkness and Light; where gods, vampires, demons, and ghosts wage a constant struggle for survival.

My thoughts:

It doesn't happen often that I don’t finish a book but this one I did not finish.In fact it was the first book I DNF since I started reviewing. It was just not for me.

I made it 20% in the book and I decided to leave it at that, I couldn't bring myself to read any longer.

That does not mean the book was terrible and everyone will dislike it though. It was just not what I thought about vampires.

That being said, just because I don’t agree with the books version of a vampire doesn't usually make me stop read a book but in this case I  just didn't care about what I read and I decided to move to something hopeful enjoy more.

In the book a vampire was more of a demon possession than anything else. Her sister has the vampire virus and with that a part of the vampire in her, she must safe her sisters soul with her blood to cleanse her sisters soul in a special ritual by the new moon. All that before the vampire completely takes over her sister’s soul and body.

I thought all of this sounded more like a demon possession and not vampirism. But that alone didn't make me decide to not finish the book, it was also the fact that there were too many over described things. I like knowing things in detail but this was just way too much even for me.

I will still add the goodreads link so you can decide for yourselves, like I said I’m sure there are people who will enjoy it more than I did.

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!