Pure (Covenant #2) By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Pure - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Synopsis:

There is need. And then there is Fate. Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's other half is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her. When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon--and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude--or killing her. When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

My thoughts:

Ok. I liked this book much better than the first one; there are not many similarities to Vampire Academy anymore. A few but not many I was thankful for that.

It is page turner and I read it any minute I had to spare. Like most of Jennifer L Armentrout’s books it has tons of action, funny, dangerous and heartbreaking moments, including some romance packed in this book. And when I say heartbreaking I mean it. I think it is her goal to make the reader cry. Or look like an idot in a car or elsewhere laughing out loud over the book.

The characters are devolving nicely along with the story.

I Still like Alex, even though she still has her impulsive, reckless and sometime just plain stupid moments .I love her sense of humor.

She is still trying to figure out what it truly means to be the second Apollyon. And even though Alex loves Aiden she is starting to have feelings for Seth it is not just the Apollyon bond.

Aiden, we get to see more how he feels and how far his willing to go for Alex, how much he really is willing to risk for her.

Seth, oh I was hoping we get to see more of Seth after I read the last book and I got it J I just love Seth….he is just an incredible character!

We learn more about the Pures and the half-blood in this book and also get a tiny look into the half-blood servants life. Which was kind scary and sad. But I had a sense that we will see more of it in the next book(s)

I’m almost scared to read the next one; I have a bad feeling that some major betrayal and shockers will be revealed soon. And that Seth will be the one who will betray her. I really hope that I’m wrong about that.

Overall I give it 5 Stars.

My favorite quotes:

Now, I’m pulled out of an investigation that will make or break my career here, all because my half-blood niece broke a girl’s nose in the cafeteria….. With an apple, of all things”

***

“Aw, did you just fall?"
"No." I rolled onto my back, wincing. "I attacked the floor.”

***

“You’ll become the center of someone’s world one day. And he’ll be the luckiest son of a bitch on this earth.”

***

“You know what?” His breath was warm against my cheek. “There are a lot of stupid things to do, but I really want to do the stupidest thing possible.”

“What’s that?”

“I want to kiss you.”

***

“You know what? Lets go." I shot Aiden a defiant look. "Come on Seth. Let's go continue our lovers' quarrel."
"Yes my love, that sounds fantastic. Don't forget to grab a dagger so you can poke my eyeballs out.”

***

“I'm not drunk,” I said indignantly.

“You were just dancing like some wood nymph five minutes ago. You took your shirt off and now you're latched onto me like a little monkey. So don't tell me you're in complete control of yourself.”