Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3) by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses) - Sarah J. Maas

Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.

*First off. If you have not read the previous books you should not read this review, because it will contain spoilers from the first two books.*

OMG. I loved this book so much. I didn’t think I could love it more than A

court Of Mist and Fury, but I did. I loved everything about this book. The writing, the characters, and the journey it takes us on.  It started out a tad slow but that could have been because she was back in the Spring Court. Also we get knee deep into and war is upon the people we learned to love and even maybe hate throughout the previous books.

This book was a complete rollercoaster ride of emotions. I laughed one minute and cried the next. Or went from swooning to wanting to stab someone in the eyes. Plus it was action packed and had so many twist and turns I was thought I would get whiplash.

To of course not spoil anything about this book I will not go too much into detail about all the characters or of course what is happening to them, I will just make a quick overview and thoughts about them.

Feyre, loved her, while last book was all about her PDST this book is about healing and moving on for her, but also helping her sisters transition into the fay world.

I really liked that she was not just fine from one second to the next that she still had her moments and panic and not all was just forgotten. But I think what I loved most was her journey and how much she really has grown since book one. It is clear early on, how much she has grown and how far she is willing to go.

Rhysand .….My man Rhysand………. What is not to love about him. Again we saw how much he is willing to give to protect those he loves. But also how much he already went through to protect them. The more we know about him the more I love him, I didn't even know if it is possible to love him more. His speech before the final battle may or may not have left me in tears.

Lucien, as I mentioned about the other two books I always had a soft spot for him. I really like him but we still need to learn so much more about him. Even though we learn some really surprising things about him. As it ended in last book with his mating bond he deals with it in this book.  I’m not sure if it has been said yet but I have a feeling we see more of him in the next books. I have a feeling there is much more about him to tell.

Speaking about the next books and Lucien, I think we will also see and learn more about Elain. I really didn’t care for her in this book. She was a little left out of everything or so it felt like. We learned very little about her and her new Fae powers. She seemed more of a burden most of the time than anything else. I think or maybe even hope that we get more of her also in the next books.

Tamlin, yup he is still around and kicking. We also learn some new things about him. But overall I do not know if I ever can trust him. Though he does has his good moments in this book as well.

Mor. I loved Mor in this book and we also learn more about her and her past and what she would like for her future. I felt so much for her at times.

Amren, wow overall just wow. I always enjoyed her but this book toped it all. Again we learn much more about her as with most of the other players in the book. She also kind of take Nesta under her wing.

Now to Nesta, I figured she would be a power house but I had no idea how much or how much I would end up loving her and her growth. I really wpould ot mind a whole book about her, oh and Cassian of course.

Cassian and Azriel both of course play a big part in this book. I loved both of them and their journey and how much they would lay down for Rhys and the others in order to protect them all.

We met of course some new and old faces again. Some surprised me and I was shocked, thought I knew it all but boom we get a new twist.

Overall, epic book and it left me wanting more. We get it all... love, hate, betrayal, humor, action .Some big sacrifices we made that left me in tears.

But the ending still seemed peaceful and just right for this epic journey throughout this and the other books.

I give it full 5 ★

Some of my favorite Quotes:

“It's a rare person to face who they are and not run from it - not be broken by it.”

***

What we think to be our greatest weakness can sometimes be our biggest strength

***

Why should I be scared of an oversized bat who likes to throw temper tantrums?

***

Words had become as forge in and hard to reach as the stars.

***

And in the distance, so faint I thought I might have imagined it, a beast’s roar cleaved the land

***

A hand brushed my back. Then Rhys groaned, "If we're all here, either things went very, very wrong or very right." Cassian's broken laugh cracked out of him.

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Available NOW

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much tea, and watches an ungodly amount of TV. When she's not busy writing, she can be found exploring the historic and beautiful Pennsylvania countryside with her husband and canine companion.

Links

Website *** Facebook *** Twitter *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-court-wings-ruin-court-thorns-roses-3-sarah-j-maas