Making Headlines: A Taking Flight Novel by Erin Brown

Making Headlines: A Taking Flight Novel - Erin  Brown

Synopsis:

When a one-night stand turns into an online photo scandal, Sophie Tucker and Luke McGraw become campus celebrities overnight for all the wrong reasons.

Sophie Tucker can’t wait to start her freshman year of college—she has a full scholarship to her dream school and her sights set on landing a coveted staff writer position on the college newspaper. But when a scandalous photo from a one night stand she barely remembers is posted on The Score List, a new tabloid-style gossip site the campus is buzzing about, Sophie realizes her freshman year isn’t going to be what she imagined. As more photos are posted, Sophie decides to use her journalistic prowess to take down the anonymous person behind the site.

Luke McGraw is that guy—the vice president of his fraternity, the online editor of the school newspaper, and the one every girl wants to date. When a photo of Sophie, the girl he hooked up with the night before classes started and can’t get out of his head, shows up on The Score List, he knows that he has to find out who is behind the site—both to avenge Sophie, and to save the reputation of his fraternity.

When Sophie and Luke realize they’re both investigating, they decide to team up. But focusing on the investigation instead of each other proves difficult, especially when neither of them are sure the other can be trusted.

In a story full of the scandal, mystery, intrigue, friendship, and cheeky, sexy romance, Making Headlines channels Veronica Mars and Greek, in the companion novel to Taking Flight.

My thoughts:

This was an enjoyable book to read. It is written in alternating POVs,we have Sophie’s and Luke’s. Though the first couple chapters it was more Sophie and it felt like Luke’s was kind of an afterthought. But that changed pretty quickly.

The story was well written with a nice balance of romance, humor, smexy times and some suspense of who the culprit was.

I was not a immediately a fan of Sophie but started like her pretty soon in the book. Luke was also a well-rounded character and they did make a good team.  I also enjoyed the side characters and their business a lot. Well most of them . Some of them were not very nice, but what would life be without a few mean people.

It was pretty fast paced book and easy to read and relate to , there was a couple things I thought that were a little over the top , but that might have been just me/

Overall I enjoyed this book and rate it a 3 ½ ★ and recommend it if you like new adult/ contemporary romance novels.

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Will be available October 7th 2014