Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1) by Patricia Briggs

Moon Called - Patricia Briggs

Synopsis:

Mercedes "Mercy" Thompson is a talented Volkswagen mechanic living in the Tri-Cities area of Washington. She also happens to be a walker, a magical being with the power to shift into a coyote at will. Mercy's next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a bus for a vampire. This is the world of Mercy Thompson, one that looks a lot like ours but is populated by those things that go bump in the night. And Mercy's connection to those things is about to get her into some serious hot water…

My thoughts:

This book was on my TBR pile for a long time and I was happy that I finally picked it up and read it, I enjoyed this book a lot.

I really enjoyed Mercy and her let’s get them attitude. She seems like a strong character that is smart, strong and can stand on her own feet , a little sassy  but also gets herself in trouble a lot.

The story was really good and had no boring parts to it with lots of action and some nice twist and turns that kept me tied to the book so much that I stayed up late to finish it.

I really enjoyed most of the characters in the book and thought it was a nice intro into the series and a nice start for the characters and can’t wait to learn more about them.

I really liked Adam; he besides Mercy was one of my favorites. Samuel was okay but not on my top list. Something about him bothered me even though he is nice.

I smell a love triangle to come and not really happy about that, I’m not a fan of them but maybe I was wrong or it will be surprisingly good.

I thought the ending was a great way to set up for the second one, at least with Mercy, Adam and Sam.

Can’t wait to start the second one that I thankfully already have on hand.

Overall I think it was a great book and rate it at 4 ★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT.”

“Mine," he said.

Adam's eyes narrowed. "I don't think so. She is mine."

It would of been flattering, I thought, except that at least one of them was talking about dinner and I wasn't certain about the other.”

***

“A werewolf tossed me against a giant packing crate while I was trying to rescue a frightened young girl who'd been kidnapped by an evil witch and a drug lord.”

***

“Don’t lick the guests, darling. Bad manners.”

Available NOW: