Guardian by Courtney Cole

Guardian - Courtney Cole

Synopsis:

Sometimes, things that go bump in the night are real. My name is Whitney Lane. I’m sixteen years old and at first, I thought I was crazy. I kept seeing shadows move along walls, and hearing whispers around corners, but whenever I looked, there was never anything there. Until one day, there was. Our world isn’t what we think. There are things around us, good things, bad things, scary things. Things that we tell ourselves aren’t real, but they are. They’re very real, and they’re terrifying. I’ve been swept up now, in a battle of good and evil, confused about love and what is supposed to be love, but isn’t. I don’t know what to think anymore. I can’t trust my emotions and I don’t know what is true. There’s only one thing I know for sure. Nothing is what it seems.

My thoughts:

I have a hard time deciding if I like this book or not. One the one hand I like it but there was something that I didn’t like. The thing is I can’t even say what it is that I didn’t like.

The book starts out rather sad with Whitney just having lost her dad and releasing his ashes and stays a bit sad though most of trough the book, in different ways. Whether it was her dealing with her dad’s death or her mom who is not taking it well and goes through a lot as well or other things that happen.

I liked her story and how she dealt with stuff sometimes great sometimes not so great but hey she is only 16. I also like the whole supernatural aspect and guardian story but thought together it all seemed a bit cramped into one story.

There were a few parts that seemed drawn out a bit but overall it was a smooth reading experience

I give this book 3 ★

*I received a free ARC copy in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Will be available NOW