Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth

Insurgent  - Veronica Roth

Synopsis:

One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

My thoughts:

This books starts off right were the last book ended. Which I thought was great.

There is so much going on and happening in this book I don’t even know where to start.

Tris most of the book struggles with her guild over killing Will and has a pretty rough time and really doesn’t care if she lives or dies, that gets her more than once in a situation that could cost her, her life.

Tobias sees what she is doing and is not happy with her choices and tries to make her see clearly but that only puts a huge gap in their relationship.

I also liked that we get a better look at the other factions .

There are some pretty major surprises and betrayals in this book and it is hard to find someone she can trust. The people she does trust will betray her and her enemies will help her.

We finally find out what is behind the wall. I had a feeling that , it was that but wasn’t sure. And I was right. YAY. But it was still pretty good shock more to Tris then me though.

Overall I loved this book, it was action packed, fast-paced, full of heartbreak, betrayal but still some love and suspense. I’m glad I already got the next in last book ready to go.

I rate this book 4 ½  ★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets. You believe you know them, that you understand them, but their motives are always hidden from you, buried in their own hearts. You will never know them, but sometimes you decide to trust them.”

***

“Cruelty does not make a person dishonest, the same way bravery does not make a person kind.”

***

“It reminds me why I chose Dauntless in the first place: not because they are perfect, but because they are alive. Because they are free.

***

“I do know who you are. I just needed to be reminded.”

Available NOW