Tattoo Thief (Tattoo Thief #1) by Heidi Joy Tretheway

Tattoo Thief - Heidi Joy Tretheway

Synopsis:

22-year-old Beryl doesn't know why Gavin Slater trashed his penthouse, abandoned his dog and fled the country. But as his house sitter, she must pick up the pieces for the front man of the white-hot rock band Tattoo Thief.
When ultra-responsible Beryl confronts the reckless rock star, she wants to know more than just what to do with his mess. Why is he running? What’s he searching for? And is he responsible for the death of his muse?
New York newbie Beryl must find her footing in Gavin’s crazy world of the ultra-wealthy to discover her own direction and what can bring him back.

My thoughts

It took me a couple pages to get into this book, but once there I loved it. I think that was partly because of Beryl in the beginning and her “I’m stuck” attitude and a being whiny. Once she got to NYC , that all changed.
I really loved her and her way of telling people how it is. Sometimes she goes a little overboard with herself and gets carried away with her thoughts and emotions but she catches that soon and fixes it.
I also really enjoyed Gavin, though there were more than a few times when he got frustrating but I guess that was just part of his character and at the end he is actually pretty freaking great and stand for what is right and actually tells Beryl to take a breath at one point.
I did like the way their relationship grew in their email and chats before they actually met in person. It was sad, sweet, loving, and hot all in one. And took a good part of the book to take place but it was not a waste.
The one person I didn’t like because of her actions was Stella, but I guess she has her own story to tell and why she acted the way she did and I’m very curios to find out. I for sure will pick up the second book for sure.
Overall I enjoyed this book a lot and give it 4 ★

* I won a copy of this book in a Facebook giveaway. Thank you!

Available NOW