Harp's Voice (Harp's Song #2) by Cassie Shine

Harp's Voice - Cassie Shine

Synopsis:

Single-minded to the point of near seclusion, Harp Evans’ only goal was to move away from her abusive mother, and start a new life at college. Now a freshman at a prestigious university, Harp continues to struggle letting people in, including her ex-boyfriend—Connor Williams—who has always stood by her, especially after her mother exposed a devastating secret about Harp’s origin.
While Harp figures out how to navigate her relationships, especially with her mom, Anne, she will have to exorcise her own demons and face challenges with uncompromising courage, including reuniting her broken family—the family that was shattered by the acts of one man.
After almost twenty years, is it possible for people to change their minds and open their hearts? More importantly, is Harp strong enough to pull them all back together?

My thoughts:

I picked this book up on Amazon right after I finished the first one and also finished it in one sitting. And I was not disappointed.
While the last one had a lot of heartbreak, grief and being hurt, this one is more about the healing process and was a wonderful conclusion to the last book.
There were still many tears, but they felt healing more than anything. If that makes any sense?
While I’m still not a fan of her mother I was glad to see the progress she made and the relationship with Harp and more so with herself. Seeing what she done wrong, accepting it and dealing with it.
Most of all I was happy with the progress Harp made, once she overcame a few obstacles there was no stopping her dealing with not only the past but the future said it before but I have to say it again that I love the relationship she has with Connor, whether it is friendship or romance. He truly loves her and helps her in any way to deal with complicated life.
Overall I loved this book and again there were many tears, the only thing I would have maybe liked would have been maybe an extra chapter that flashes forward a few years or even a year to see how it truly turned out at the end.
I give this book 4 ½ ★