Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead

Silver Shadows - Richelle Mead

If you have not read The Fiery Heart, be aware that this review will have spoiler for you

Synopsis:

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.

Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive.

For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .

Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.

My thoughts:

First off, when I started the series I wasn’t so sure if Sydney would make a great story line. But Boy was I wrong. This book proofed even more than the four previous books. She has become such a strong person and this book was just proof, how strong she really is.

I was really mad at the MAJOR cliffhanger that we got with The Fiery Heart and wanted to scream. I couldn’t wait to get my greedy fingers on this one and see what happens next.

This book starts of a few months after Sydney’s capture by the alchemists, she is still in re-education and it is not a nice place to be at all. It is pretty depressing to see her tortured so much and them trying to break her.

But she is pretty strong through it all and wont give up on herself or Adrian or a way out.

Adrian , I thought about strangling for a while when it seemed he had given up and went back to his old days of parties and drinking .But he came through at the end.

I never was a fan of Adrian’s mom but must say that, after this book she is okay and redeemed herself in many ways.

This entire book was an epic rollercoaster of emotions and action. Either sad and depressing or happy, they hardly had any down time and every time they thought they are home free, something else happens. The end was another cliffhanger. I myself did not see that one coming; I thought it would have been something else but not that. I cannot wait for the next book to be released to see how the entire series closes.

Overall this book was despite all the dark stuff my favorite out of the series so far and give it 5 ★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“Everything I’d fought for, every challenge, every victory … all of it was empty if anything happened to him. Without him, I wouldn’t have had the courage to become the person I was. Without him, I wouldn’t have realized what it truly was to live and love life. Centrum permanebit. He was my center, and there was nothing I wouldn’t do, nothing I wouldn’t give up, to keep him safe.”

***

“I know what love is, Mom. I’ve had love that burns in every fiber of my being, that drives me to be a better person and empowers me through each moment of the day. If you’d ever had something like that, you’d hold on to it with every bit of strength you had.”

***

“Are you in a suit?” I managed at last, my voice chocking up. “You didn’t have to dress up for me.”

“Quiet, Sage,” he said. “I’ll make the hilarious one-liners during this daring rescue.”

Available NOW