Before You by Amber Hart Tour Stop,Excerpt & Giveaway

ABOUT BEFORE YOU

Some say love is deadly. Some say love is beautiful. I say it is both.

Faith Watters spent her junior year traveling the world, studying in exquisite places, before returning to Oviedo High School. From the outside her life is picture-perfect. Captain of the dance team. Popular. Happy. Too bad it’s all a lie.

It will haunt me. It will claim me. It will shatter me. And I don't care.

Eighteen-year-old Diego Alvarez hates his new life in the States, but staying in Cuba is not an option. Covered in tattoos and scars, Diego doesn't stand a chance of fitting in. Nor does he want to. His only concern is staying hidden from his past—a past, which if it were to surface, would cost him everything. Including his life.

At Oviedo High School, it seems that Faith Watters and Diego Alvarez do not belong together. But fate is as tricky as it is lovely. Freedom with no restraint is what they long for. What they get is something different entirely.

Love—it will ruin you and save you, both.

Before You revised

Excerpt:

I raise my fingers to brush her cheek. She steps back.

“What are you doing?” she asks.

“What do you think I’m doing?”

“Diego, please.” Even though she uses nice words, her tone is rough. She’s acting like I’m the scum of the earth, which, let’s face it...next to her? I kind of am.

“What’s the deal?” I say, exasperated. “You won’t leave me alone when I want you to. Then you dance with me at the club and kiss me like it’s your dyin’ wish. Now you couldn’t care less?”

“Yes. And if you’re done, I’m late to class,” Faith says. “Will you promise me you’ll never bring this up again? That you’ll let it go?” She looks unsure, like she expects me to expose our night.

“Don’t worry, Miss Máscara. I’ll take our little secret to the grave”—aside from Javier—“but I won’t promise you anything about letting go. Because I don’t think you want me to.”

She smiles wickedly. “You obviously don’t know me at all.”

I wonder if I’m making a mistake. Even if I am, I can’t deny that Faith intrigues me. Still. And I enjoy a good challenge.

“Give it up,” she says, noticing the competitive glint in my eyes. “You and I will never be. It’s unnatural. And you know it.”

“All I know is that you won’t let me close. I think it’s ’cause you’re scared.” I smile. “Scared that the moment I get you in my arms, you’ll never want to leave. And you know it.”

Faith turns, walks away. No matter what she says, I’m not giving up that easily.

And one backward glance from her tells me that she doesn’t truly want me to.

ABOUT AMBER HART

Amber Hart grew up in Orlando, Florida and Atlanta, Georgia. She now resides on the Florida coastline with family. When unable to find a book, she can be found writing, daydreaming, or with her toes in the sand. She's the author of BEFORE YOU, AFTER US, UNTIL YOU FIND ME, and sequel to UNTIL YOU FIND ME (untitled as of yet). Represented by Beth Miller of Writers House.

CONNECT WITH AMBER HART