Leverage by Nancy S. Thompson Blog Tour , Excerpt & Giveaway

The Mistaken (Book 1)

The Mistaken Synopsis:

A dark romantic thriller intended for a mature audience.

* * * *

All Tyler Karras wants is to enjoy life with his expectant new bride. What he gets instead is a graveside seat at her funeral. With the person responsible uncharged and still free, all Ty wants now is revenge.

His target is a stranger, a woman. He doesn't know her, but he'll find her, and when he does, he will make her pay.

Ty's brother, Nick, has dangerous connections and suggests a sadistic plan. Grab this woman and hand her over to his associates, sex-traffickers in San Francisco's Russian Mafia. They offer Ty more than he dreamed possible. In exchange for the woman, they'll finally let Nick leave the business for good, with his debt wiped clean and his heart still beating.

There's just one problem. Ty kidnaps the wrong woman. Now all his plans have gone straight to hell.

With his eyes made clear by the stark reality of his mistake, Ty is driven, compelled by remorse and a relentless sense of guilt to make amends and protect Hannah Maguire, the innocent woman whose life he has derailed. He vows to keep her safe and out of the hands of the very enemy he's unleashed, but the Russians are holding Nick as leverage to force Ty to complete their deal.

Caught in a no-win situation, Ty must find a way to save himself, his brother, and Hannah, but with the Russian Mafia, even two out of three makes for very long odds.

Buy Links:

Leverage ( Book 2 )

Leverage Synopsis:

A dark romantic thriller intended for a mature audience.

* * * *

Four years ago, Tyler Karras’ quest to avenge his wife's death led to all out war with San Francisco's Russian Mafia. With the Bratva’s collapse and its king, Dmitri Chernov, long dead, all Ty wants now is to put it behind him and enjoy a second chance at life with his new bride, Hannah, and the child they're expecting any day.

But Chernov's heir, Grigory Dmitriev, has returned, bitter and determined. He wants his kingdom back, and he's more than willing to leverage Ty's new family to get it.

First he targets Conner, Ty’s brooding nineteen-year-old stepson, manipulating the boy into a vortex of sex, drugs, alcohol, and gambling. Then he turns his sights on Hannah. At eight months pregnant, she’s the ultimate bargaining chip. With both their lives in jeopardy, as well as his unborn child, Ty has little choice but to do as Grigory commands.

But Tyler swore he'd never kill again. He buried that monster four years ago and means to keep it that way. Grigory, however, makes that vow impossible to keep.

With his new family on the line, Ty will cross further into the dark side than he ever has before, challenging everything he believes about himself, and forcing him to face the ghosts of his past. Only then will Ty discover if he has the strength to do the unspeakable, to sacrifice his last chance at redemption and save the lives of those he loves most

Excerpt

I hoped that was the end of it, that they would stop discussing me like I was some case that needed handling. It pissed me off that my mom would seek Ty’s advice about me. He wasn’t my father. We weren’t even friends. And I definitely didn’t want his nose in my business.
Ty leaned back against the counter and watched my mom. “Hannah, I’m not opposed to speaking to Conner. You know that. But he…resents me. You know that, too. For marrying you or whatever suspicions he might have. And to be honest,” Ty said then paused, his gaze down at his feet, “I made a lot of mistakes with Nick. I expected too much of him, demanded, really, and you know how that turned out. I won’t make the same mistake with Conner. He needs to grow up and become a man on his own terms. Not yours. And certainly not mine.”
Mom stopped mid-wipe, her shoulders sagging a bit. “I do know that, and I agree to some extent,” she said then turned around to face Ty. “But I’m his mother. It’s my job to counsel him, help him make the best decisions, like you did with Nick, or tried to anyway. You can’t beat yourself up over things you had no control over. Your father started something, and your brother ended it. You and I, we were just caught in the middle, unaware. But this thing with Conner, it’s different. There’re no Russian mobsters, no one he has to protect with his life. He holds his future firmly in his own hands. I won’t let this thing with Leo destroy that.”
What the hell? I stepped into the kitchen, my jaw set tight and my eyes surely blazing with the anger that burned in my gut. “What the fuck are you talking about?” I asked my mom.
She startled and sucked in a breath. “Conner, please!”
Ty pointed at me. “Watch your language.”
I ignored him, my eyes trained on my mother. “Russian mobsters? Really? His father, his brother, a dead wife and child?” I turned to Tyler. “Is this some sort of sick joke? What did you get her mixed up in?”
I stood nose to nose with Ty, a fierce challenge in each question. I could feel my muscles twitch with pent up frustration, ready to lay into him, to wipe that look off his face. But he stepped back with his hands raised. He shook his head then looked at Mom before reconnecting with me.
“Conner, I’m sorry you heard that, but don’t step into the middle of something you know nothing about.”
“Well then, why don’t you enlighten me, Dad?” I clenched my mouth tight, my jaw working in bursts as I tried to hold myself back from punching this bastard in his fucking face.
Tyler let his arms drop back to his sides, his eyes locked onto mine. They began to burn with the same intensity I felt inside me.
Mom stepped up behind me and squeezed both my arms. “Conner, please, this is a private matter. It doesn’t involve you.” She stepped around to face me, turning me away from Ty and placing her palms on my cheeks.
I tore my eyes from Tyler and looked down at my mother, remembering the cuts and bruises that had covered her face when she returned from California, the broken ribs I had to be careful of when I hugged her, the haunted, terrified look that had once held her eyes so captive, for so many months. Ty did have something to do with all that, like I always suspected. He and his family were responsible somehow. Yet she had welcomed him into her life, into this home, into our family. She’d married him and would bear his child in five short months. How could she do that? How could she bring that into our home, into my life?

Buy Links:

Author Info:

Nancy is a California transplant currently living in Seattle, Washington with her husband of 23 years, their son, a student at Seattle University, their giant snow dog, Jack, and his kitty, Skye. She works as a freelance editor for her publisher and writer friends and also has her own interior design business within the model home merchandising industry. When she's not writing or editing, Nancy keeps herself busy by cooking and baking.

Social Links: