Zomburbia by Adam J. Gallardo

Zomburbia - Adam J. Gallardo

Synopsis:

My name is Courtney Hart, and I'm here to tell you about things that suck. Being born in a podunk town like Salem, Oregon, for one. Living in a world infested with zombies? That, too. And the meat heads I go to school with? I think I'd actually take the undead over them most days. But I have a plan to get out of here and move to New York. I just have to keep selling Vitamin Z along with your fries at The Bully Burger. The secret ingredient? Zombie brains.

I've noticed things are getting even worse lately, if that's even possible. The zombies seem to be getting smarter and faster. If I can avoid being arrested, eaten by shufflers, or catching the eye of some stupid boy, I should be able to make it through finals week still breathing. . .

My thoughts:

This was a very enjoyable book. I thought the concept of having a normal life during a zombie apocalypse, well semi normal. Normal as having jobs and going to school while the not so normal undead roaming the street.

This book takes place years after the outbreak and life has become stable again for human kind, well most of it. But danger is still out there and very real and the undead becoming smarter and faster.

The book follows Courtney a teenage girl who is trying to make money to get out of the town she is and go to NYC and become an epidemiologist so she can help come up with a cure, Oh and yeah she makes that money with selling drugs.

This book has everything , humor, action , gore , heartbreak and romance. All of it is nicely balanced and the characters are well written. Each of them have their flaws but will grow and either live or die by the end of the book. Especially Courtney, I didn’t care much for her in the beginning but she grows up a lot and become much better by the end of the book.

I liked all the book and movie references. It gave it a nice touch to the story.

Overall I think I can rate this book at 4★

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Will be available August 26th 2014