Southern Born Books Tour, Excerpt & Giveaway

Pick Me

Pick Me Synopsis:

Recently dumped by the man she’d planned to marry, no-nonsense attorney Thea Dunn has returned home to Magnolia Bay to mend her broken heart. But when she learns her new neighbor is Calder Frye, the bad boy who sets the pulse of every good girl at Magnolia Bay High racing, Thea’s verdict to swear off men is in danger of being overturned…

Fourteen years after graduation, Calder has traded his rebel lifestyle to become an ER doctor—but his sex appeal is every bit as powerful as Thea remembers. Could her short-term residence be the perfect chance to live out a teenage fantasy? Or could their reunion be a chance for something more?

About Erika Marks

Erika Marks is a women's fiction writer and the author of LITTLE GALE GUMBO, THE MERMAID COLLECTOR, THE GUEST HOUSE and IT COMES IN WAVES (July, 2014). On the long and winding road to becoming published, she worked many different jobs, including carpenter, cake decorator, art director, and illustrator. But if pressed, she might say it was her brief tenure with a match-making service in Los Angeles after college that set her on the path to writing love stories (not that there isn't romance in frosting or power tools!) A native New Englander, she now makes her home in Charlotte, NC, with her husband, a native New Orleanian who has taught her to make a wicked gumbo, and their two little mermaids. For more on Erika’s books, visit her website at http://www.erikamarksauthor.com

Flirting with Forever

Flirting with Forever Synopsis:

Forty-year-old Tara Jordan’s first book, The Perfect Marriage in 30 Days, is at the top of the bestseller lists, and her publisher wants her on a book tour ASAP.  Tara’s about to live her dream only there’s one problem.  Her husband of 15 years has just walked out, leaving Tara on the brink of financial ruin with no choice but to promote a self-help book about marriage when hers is secretly in ruins.

Enter publicist Jake Randall, 30, who’s had it with hand holding newbie authors channeling their inner divas on their first book tours, until he meets Tara. Their instant attraction blossoms quickly into love.  Tara thinks she has achieved her dreams and earned her license to thrive until her husband, Jim returns determined to win her back.

Excerpt:

There’s a sigh that comes at the end of a belly laugh, the kind of laugh you hope will take you away from that crazy, awful, sad point in your life.  The sigh comes from the reality that staying in that happy place is a lot like walking a tightrope and after everything that had happened, I was working hard to stay out of the abyss.

“We’ve got plenty to celebrate,” Melissa barked like an Army sergeant, holding a copy of my book. But somehow, with my friend’s headband with the springy heart antennas and red neon light-up Elton John glasses, it didn’t have the intended effect. “No moping, Tara, I mean it. It’s Valentine’s Day and we’re going to celebrate the hell out of it.”

She was right, I did have a lot to celebrate. I’d gone from a wannabe author to debuting on the bestseller lists, and now the book that was fulfilling all my hopes and dreams of having a writing career was sitting on my kitchen counter, mocking me. Thirty Days To The Perfect Marriage? What was I thinking?

“Raise your glass, girlfriend.” She nosed through what must have been the biggest box of chocolates Godiva made, then popped another one into her mouth.

“I’m not celebrating Val--. That day.” We’d made a really good dent in the box and had laughed so much, my ribs ached.  “I’m celebrating Tuesday,” I raised my glass. “To Tuesday.”

“To Tuesday.”

About Kim Boykin

Kim Boykin is a women's fiction author with a sassy Southern streak. She is the author of The Wisdom of Hair, Steal Me, Cowboy, and Palmetto Moon (Summer 2014.) While her heart is always in South Carolina, she lives in Charlotte, North Carolina, with her husband, 3 dogs, and 126 rose bushes. For more on Kim’s books, visit her website at http://kimboykin.com

a Rafflecopter giveaway