Amity by Micol Ostow

Amity - Micol Ostow

Synopsis:

Connor's family moves to Amity to escape shady business deals. Ten years later, Gwen's family moves to Amity for a fresh start after she's recovered from a psychotic break.

But something is not right about this secluded house. Connor's nights are plagued with gore-filled dreams of demons and destruction. Dreams he kind of likes. Gwen has lurid visions of corpses that aren't there and bleeding blisters that disappear in the blink of an eye. She knows Amity is evil and she must get her family out, but who would ever believe her?

Amity isn't just a house. She is a living force, bent on manipulating her inhabitants to her twisted will. She will use Connor and Gwen to bring about a bloody end as she's done before. As she'll do again.

My thoughts:

I had a little trouble rating this book. I liked the story but I did not care for the writing style. It seemed a bit off and confusing at times.

It tells the stories of two families, one 10 years ago and one in the present living in the house, Chapters alter between past and present experience in the house. Both narrators are one of the kids in the families and had their own trouble before even moving into the house. The house didn’t make it any better, no just sooo much worse.

The story is rather creepy and terrifying and I enjoyed it, just not the writing style like I said before.

Overall, I think still can give it 3 ★ because I liked the story itself a lot.

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Available August 26th 2014