Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy #1) by Robin Hobb

Fool's Assassin - Robin Hobb

Synopsis:

FitzChivalry—royal bastard and former king’s assassin—has left his life of intrigue behind. As far as the rest of the world knows, FitzChivalry Farseer is dead and buried. Masquerading as Tom Badgerlock, Fitz is now married to his childhood sweetheart, Molly, and leading the quiet life of a country squire.

Though Fitz is haunted by the disappearance of the Fool, who did so much to shape Fitz into the man he has become, such private hurts are put aside in the business of daily life, at least until the appearance of menacing, pale-skinned strangers casts a sinister shadow over Fitz’s past . . . and his future.

My thoughts:

I was really looking forward to this book but must say I was a little disappointed by it, I think I just expected more, but mostly enjoyed the book.

There were a few things that seemed a little drawn out and some things felt like they were put in to fill up pages and could have been left out or cut shorter. Too many over explained things sometimes or day to day routines at some points.

The charters felt a little flat to me compared to the previous books. But I still enjoyed them.

The book had enough to keep me interested in the story with some nice twist and surprises that made me keep turning the pages. Also some pretty heartbreaking scenes in it enough to make you cry.

Overall, I think I enjoyed this book enough to give it a 3 ½ ★ rating

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Available August 12th 2014