Guilt by Degrees (Rachel Knight #2) by Marcia Clark

Guilt by Degrees - Marcia Clark

Synopsis:

Someone has been watching D.A. Rachel Knight--someone who's Rachel's equal in brains, but with more malicious intentions. It began when a near-impossible case fell into Rachel's lap, the suspectless homicide of a homeless man. In the face of courthouse backbiting and a gauzy web of clues, Rachel is determined to deliver justice. She's got back-up: tough-as-nails Detective Bailey Keller. As Rachel and Bailey stir things up, they're shocked to uncover a connection with the vicious murder of an LAPD cop a year earlier. Something tells Rachel someone knows the truth, someone who'd kill to keep it secret.

Harrowing, smart, and riotously entertaining, GUILT BY DEGREES is a thrilling ride through the world of LA courts with the unforgettable Rachel Knight

My thoughts:

This is the second book in the Rachel Knight series. I have not read the first book but it seemed to be a good standalone form what I can tell. I didn’t feel like I’m missing some or felt confused, so that is a plus.

I thought this was a good book, very suspenseful and action packed. It is a very plot driven book.

I liked the characters in the book and the story even though there were some parts I could have lived without and felt a little too over the top about the characters.

There were also some pretty violent, gruesome scenes in the book, which was probably the reason it took me a while to read. I had to put it down a few times.

The end was kind of a disappointment for me, it felt too rushed.

Overall I thought it was a good read and I dive it 3 ½★

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Available NOW