Never Been Kissed (Boys of Bishop #2) by Molly O'Keefe

Never Been Kissed - Molly O'Keefe

Synopsis:

As the daughter of a wealthy politician, Ashley Montgomery has had enough of her parents’ expectations for her future and is going her own way, volunteering to work at a refugee camp in Africa. But her act of charity turns dangerous when she takes a boat trip and is abducted by Somali pirates. Enter Brody Baxter, who was a bodyguard for the Montgomery family ten years ago and doesn’t think twice about coming to Ashley’s rescue. Handsome and tough, Brody has always done what needed to be done. So he swoops in, saves Ashley, and brings her to a place where she can rest and recuperate without the glare of the press and her demanding family: Brody’s small hometown of Bishop, Arkansas. But Ashley soon realizes that she’s not the only one in need of healing.

Holed up with Ashley in a tiny apartment over his brother’s bar in Bishop, Brody is tempted and torn in ways he never anticipated. Beautiful Ashley, vibrant despite her ordeal, fearless enough to love him beyond his wall of self-punishment, is now determined to save him. But with a little faith and a lot of love, they just may find happiness in each other’s arms.

My thoughts:

This is the second book I read by Molly O’Keefe and I have to say she is beginning to be one of my favorite authors.

I actually read the books out of order by accident and read Between the Sheets first, but it didn't really spoil this book. I figured they have the HEA since it is a romance book after all.They also make a good standalone book , if you have not or want to read the other books.

I love that most of her charters are never perfect and have a deep emotional scars or issues of some kind that they have to overcome.

This was the same with this book… an intense and emotional story that I found hard to put down. I found myself a few times all teary eyed which doesn't happen a lot with books

Both Ashley and Brody had their past and their inner demons to deal with. To top it off is their current situation of being in hiding from the public eye. Falling in love and lusting after each other isn’t helping ether, in fact in just makes it so much more difficult for them and that Brody has a severe case of abandonment issue doesn’t help either.

It was a great story jam packed with rollercoaster ride emotions throughout the book.

I also enjoyed the fact that it was not just concentrated on the main characters Brody and Ashly but also had a great story about other people living in of Bishop ,Arkansas. Like the side story of Sean and Cora .. I really enjoyed that. It added a nice touch to it without taking away from Brody and Ashley. Add to that the relationship Brody has to his brother Sean and how Sean wont give up on Brody made the book so great.

Another think I liked about this book was that the interracial relationships were not made a big deal and never mentioned to be an issue by them or people around them. That’s the way it should be.

And the cherry on top are the steamy sex scenes we get to live through them, detailed but not in dirty slimy way …

Overall I liked this book A LOT and give it 4 ½ ★

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Available NOW