Tabula Rasa By Kristen Lippert-Martin

Tabula Rasa - Kristen Lippert-Martin

Synopsis:

The Bourne Identity meets Divergent in this action-packed debut thriller with a Katniss-esque heroine fighting to regain her memories and stay alive, set against a dystopian hospital background.

Sarah starts a crazy battle for her life within the walls of her hospital-turned-prison when a procedure to eliminate her memory goes awry and she starts to remember snatches of her past. Was she an urban terrorist or vigilante? Has the procedure been her salvation or her destruction?

The answers lie trapped within her mind. To access them, she'll need the help of the teen computer hacker who's trying to bring the hospital down for his own reasons, and a pill that's blocked by an army of mercenary soldiers poised to eliminate her for good. If only she knew why . . .

My thoughts:

This was a very interesting book for sure. Action packed and fast paced made this a real page-turner for me.

I liked that with the overall dark nature of the book, that there was still some humor coming from the characters.

I thought the characters were all thought out very well, though some characters were kind of getting on my nerves but I think that was the whole idea of it.

The ending was kind of a led down though and some scenes could have cut shorter and instead be put into something else.

Overall it was a pretty enjoyable read and I give it 4★

Favorite quotes:

“All you need to know right now is that I’m the girl with the gun”   “That is not a gun.”  “A projectile is a projectile”

***

“Maybe you should stop talking now.”

“Yes, maybe I should, before you decide that I’m some huge racist jerk and not just as awkward idiot who was trying to be funny.”

***

“Because maybe I’ve got a lot to make up for, and maybe I can’t pay it back to the person I owe it to, so I’m paying you back instead. Who cares? I’m clearly not the only one.”

***

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Will be available September 23rd 2014