Ready to Wed By Cindi Madsen

Ready to Wed - Cindi Madsen

Synopsis:

Dakota Halifax loves to be in love. In fact, as one of Las Vegas’s premier wedding planners, she’s built a whole career around romance. Which is why her own wedding has to be nothing short of perfect. And then her fiancé jilts her. While she’s waiting in her wedding dress. On a cruise ship already out at sea.Once back on dry land, Dakota tries to pour her heart into her business and weekly wedding advice column, Get Ready to Wed. But how can the heartbroken celebrate others’ true love? When she reconnects with her childhood best friend, surprisingly sexy and all-grown-up casino bouncer Brendan West, Dakota wonders if maybe she can fall back in love with being in love.

But then her ex reappears, begging for another chance, and suddenly Dakota questions if she’ll ever understand love. Can someone once-burned and twice-shy ever find her way down the aisle again?

My thoughts:

I don’t even know where or how to start, without going all fangirling mode about this book. Which doesn’t happen with a lot of books, but this one really hit the sweet spot.

I’m pretty sure most of the time I had a goofy grin on my face reading it … which would explain why my face now hurts.

This was my first book I read by Cindi Madsen but it won’t be my last if all her books are like this one.

It was a beautiful, funny, heartwarming, romantic and a little heart breaking book that was well written and the held me captive form the first few pages.

I liked that the two main characters were long lost childhood BFFs , who lost contact after one of them moved. Unlike some books where they were high school sweethearts or long lost lovers and meet again.

I liked all the characters, even the not so nice ones. But I loved both of the main characters.

Dakota is funny and spunky but also doubt herself sometimes but she is not willing to take any crap form anyone and knows how to throw a punch if she needs to or thinks she needs to. I really did enjoy her column she writes and that they were included in the book.

Brendan, oh man where is that man in real life?? Funny, supporting, understanding and sexy all in one, the perfect package.

Humor and romance with a touch of heartbreak in the right spots and moments made this a great book.

I recommend it to all romance/ contemporary romance fans.

I give it full 5 ★

Favorite quotes:

“Manly displays of strength must have some hypnotic power that made girls stupid”

***

“You’re all dolled up” he said. You’re all dolled down,” I said. Like a genius with words, I am. “I mean, you look nice out of a suit. Casual. Not that a suit’s not a good look on you.” Omigosh, stop talking. “Uh ready?”

***

“If you weren’t wearing these crazy-tall heels…” My mouth dropped and I patted my shoes. “There, there, he didn’t mean it. It was whoever spilled the drink on the floor’s fault. Not yours.” Brendan’s mouth kicked up on one side. “I didn’t know realize you’d injured your head, too.”

***

“Do you really not get it? That first day I walked into your office, I knew I was a goner. I thought it’d be fun to see you again, but when you lifted your beautiful face, black smudged across your check, I forgot my name”

***

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Will be available July 22nd 2014