The City By Dean Koontz

The City: A Novel - Dean Koontz

Synopsis:

The city changed my life and showed me that the world is deeply mysterious. I need to tell you about her and some terrible things and wonderful things and amazing things that happened . . . and how I am still haunted by them. Including one night when I died and woke and lived again.

Here is the riveting, soul-stirring story of Jonah Kirk, son of an exceptional singer, grandson of a formidable “piano man,” a musical prodigy beginning to explore his own gifts when he crosses a group of extremely dangerous people, with shattering consequences. Set in a more innocent time not so long ago, The City encompasses a lifetime but unfolds over three extraordinary, heart-racing years of tribulation and triumph, in which Jonah first grasps the electrifying power of music and art, of enduring friendship, of everyday heroes.

My thoughts:

I’m a fan of Dean Koontz and most of his books. This book seems to be have mixed reviews and people either like or don’t, but I can say I can add this one to the pile of better books he wrote.

I really enjoyed this book, although there were parts where it seemed to be dragging on. Some parts were just too drawn out and could have been easily cut shorter. Usually I like this thoroughly explained but it got to the point some parts of the book where it got boring.

I liked Jonah, he was quite the strong character for a kid.

Overall it is a great thrilling book with it twist and turns in the right places. Not the best book he ever wrote but by far not the worse.

I really enjoyed the ending and thought I wrapped the book up very nicely.

I give it 4★

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Will be available July 1st 2014