The Maverick's Red Hot Reunion By Christine Glover

The Maverick's Red Hot Reunion - Christine Glover

Synopsis:

Can he satisfy his craving without losing his heart? Corporate Maverick Zach Tanner returns to North Carolina to rebuild his dying friend's resort. He's got the money, the power, and the will to transform Sweetbriar Springs into a premier spa for the glamorous, but he doesn't count on the woman he once loved...and lost...to handle the construction contract. Zach thought he'd buried his desire for Kennedy five years ago. He was wrong, and now he’s determined to satisfy his craving... Construction company owner Kennedy Gibson is eager to restore Sweetbriar Springs, but when she realizes Zach is her new boss she's terrified he'll learn the truth about their breakup so long ago. She vowed never to hurt him again, but she can't deny the passion he reignites in her. She wants to believe she has a chance for a different future with him, but will her secret threaten to destroy their red-hot reunion.

My thoughts

I really didn’t care much for this book. The whole story kind of felt forced and I found it hard to connect or relate to the characters. The dialog also was not the greatest and sometimes something you would expect to hear in High school.

Both characters got on my nerves sometimes.

Most of the time they were thinking of how they want the other person, no matter what was going on even when he was just simply drinking she got all hot and bothered. It was just weird and awkward to read at times. The other times they were thinking about what they had and have lost in the past.

It was not all bad; there were some good parts in the book that were enjoyable.

Overall I rate it as 2 ½ ★

*I received a free ARC copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Will be available June 30th 2014