Cop Town By Karin Slaughter

Cop Town - Karin Slaughter

Synopsis:

Atlanta, 1974: As a brutal murder and a furious manhunt rock the city’s police department, Kate Murphy wonders if her first day on the job will also be her last. She’s determined to defy her privileged background by making her own way—wearing a badge and carrying a gun. But for a beautiful young woman, life will be anything but easy in the macho world of the Atlanta PD, where even the female cops have little mercy for rookies. It’s also the worst day possible to start given that a beloved cop has been gunned down, his brothers in blue are out for blood, and the city is on the edge of war.

Kate isn’t the only woman on the force who’s feeling the heat. Maggie Lawson followed her uncle and brother into the ranks to prove her worth in their cynical eyes. When she and Kate, her new partner, are pushed out of the citywide search for a cop killer, their fury, pain, and pride finally reach the boiling point. With a killer poised to strike again, they will pursue their own line of investigation, risking everything as they venture into the city’s darkest heart.

My thoughts:

It was a little hard to get into the book the first couple chapters. They were a little confusing and way to many characters were introduced at once. But after you get past the few chapters it is much better, less confusing, less characters at one time.

Being set in the early 70’s in Georgia there is a lot of prejudice going on against race, religious believe and gender.

You have a cop killer on the loose in cop town and a bunch of self-justice seeking drunken cops trying to catch him/her.

Female cops working in the force and the opposite gender is letting them know just how there feel about that.

It is a well written thriller that will keep you clued to the book till the last page.

On a personal note; I have to say after reading mostly paranormal for a while and now reading this , it reminded me how much more scary a human can be in its own way  compared to any supernatural creature out there.

Overall it is a great book and I recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers.

I give it 4 ★

* I received as a free ARC copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Will be available June 24th 2014