Spellbound in Sleepy Hollow: A Van Tassel Sisters Anthology

Spellbound in Sleepy Hollow: A Von Tassel Sisters Anthology (Entangled Edge) - 'Patricia Eimer',  'Rosalie Lario',  'Boone Brux'

Synopsis:

The Von Tassel sisters are in deep. With a new inn opening up to non-magic guests, these three witches have enough to worry about, but after a deal with the Headless Horseman, all three Von Tassel sisters must find their true loves by All Hallow's Eve or forever be trapped as ghosts in Sleepy Hollow like their ill-fated aunties.

Will Stephanie be able to forgive her playboy ex? Will Bri be able to win back her childhood cruch-turned-ghost hunter? Will Lexi be able to sway her supernatural employee? And will they all be able to fall in love by the week's end?

My thoughts:

This book is a wonderful twist on the sleepy hollow tale.

It is funny, sexy steamy and easy to read. It follows the current generation of Von Tassel sister witches and their dead ghost aunts.

The book is split in three parts, each following one of the sisters and their aunts with their own unique story, but it is really well written and it just all flows great together in one great story.

All the characters are well written and I enjoyed them all in their own funny, sexy and witchy ways. But my favorite was the ghost auntie Cassandra.

I also enjoyed the nice twist they put on the horseman.

All in all I liked the book a lot. There were only a couple minor things that bugged me about the book.

One was, and that might just be me it bothered was when they first encounter the horseman he spoke German, but it was badly translated German like google translate was used or so. That kind of bothered me … not sure why but I think they could have better translated it. I know it was wrong because German is my first language. But like I said it might not bother others.

The other one, the spells they used were kind of lame and could have been more creative. They only say out a couple of spells throughout the book but when they did they kind of sounded lame and I thought it could have been a bit more creative.

Like I said minor things and other readers might not even care about those two things, but it was enough for me to knock one star off.

Over all I loved the book, it was funny, sexy and interesting. I give it 4 ★

Amazon   Barnes&Noble  Kobo

A few couple quotes from the book:

“‘ Look” Carson held his mud covered hands up in front of him. ‘Whatever you think I did, you crazy bitch, that didn’t give you the right to build a support group of every witch I’d ever slept with and combine you powers to nail me with an impotence spell. Do you know I went over six months with a case of the floppies?’”

***

“And everyone knows bitchcraft doesn’t work itself.”

***

“I agree sweetie. These tourists are so insensitive.  I mean, here Mr. Gorgeous was getting ready to butter your muffin and those two bone bags have to go and interrupt you with their antics.”

***

* received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!