The Prediction by Darren Sugrue

The Prediction - Darren Sugrue

Overview:

Nobody knows the day they’ll die... until now.
Mathematical genius Daniel Geller has developed a formula to predict a person’s date of death only to have it rejected by the faculty at Trinity College. Totally devastated Daniel turns his back on the world he once loved.
Twelve years on, Daniel’s old professor John Redmond and his wife are coming to terms with the death of their ten-year-old son. Could Daniel's formula have predicated his death? Revisiting the thesis, the professor makes an astonishing discovery: out of the five fellow students whom Daniel used the formula on, one of them died on the exact date predicted by Daniel.
One more is due to die in six days: Daniel’s ex-lover Grace.
The professor draws Daniel back into the world of mathematics where he is suddenly faced with the dilemma of allowing someone he once loved to die to be one step closer to proving his thesis and enjoying a prestige he once dreamed of...

My thoughts:

Even though the synopsis sounded very interesting, I wasn't really sure if I would like it. I thought that maybe there would be a lot of mathematical equations and math talk. But, boy was I wrong.
This Book is great. It is a great written story fowling mainly Daniel Geller the former Trinity College  Student and his former professor John and John’s wife Claire as well his ex- girlfriend Grace, as they deal with different challenges in life, such as the loss of a child, spousal abuse. And an old lost love. Then there is Daniel himself, as he struggles to figure out if he should do the right thing and safe Grace or let her die to proof his thesis was right. Great story about possible second chances in life.
All the Characters are well written, they are very realistic and easy to relate to.
It is a real page turner and hard to put down and with that it is an easy and fast read.
And OMG, the end blew me away.

Well done and deserves 5 Stars.

This is Darren Sugrue’s first book and I really hope to see more books by him.

*I entered in a giveaway for this copy but Darren Sugrue offered it to me before it was over. But I was in no way obligated to review this book *