Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel  - Cassandra Clare

Synopsis:

In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them....

My thoughts:

First of I have not read the The Mortal Instruments Series yet, but I did watch the Movie so I had a  very general idea of what the book is.Tho, I wasn't sure if I would like it. But I must say I LOVED the book,

The beginning of the book seemed a bit slow, but after a few chapter it picked up and the rest was great .

This is a great Story and I like the time period the book plays in (Victorian London 1878) all the Characters are great and move along nicely as the book goes on.

The Charters:

Tessa: I really like her, she is smart and quick to learn. I cant wait to find out what she really is.

Will :  He was my favorite. Even with his sometime rude behavior, but I think there is way more to Will than we know so far.

Jem:  I think is a nice balance between all the charters with his genuine nice character, I truly liked him a lot.

I really hope the find a cure for him in the second or least third book

(show spoiler)

Nate : he is not a main chatterer but still important to the story and all I can say is ......what a tool

I figured something is not right with him and he was up to no good. It was way to easy for them to find him in a way. Least that's what I thought.

(show spoiler)

Overall it is a awesome book and the only reason  I gave it a 4.5 rating was because of the slow beginning.

Favorite quotes :

"As for the temperature of Hell, Miss Gray,let me give you a piece of advice. The handsome young fellow who's trying to rescue you from a hideous fate is never wrong. Not even if he says the sky is purple and made of hedgehogs.”      ~ Will

"And I believe the soul is eternal. But I don't believe in the fiery pit,  the pitchforks, or endless torment. I do not believe you can threaten people into goodness"     ~ Jem

"There was a time I thought I was a ferret, but that turned out to the opium haze.Did you know it had that effect? Because I didn't "   ~ Will