Syno

When a young woman is discovered brutally murdered in her own apartment, with an intricate pattern of lines carved into her face, Copenhagen police detectives Jeppe Korner and Anette Werner are assigned to the case. In short order, they establish a link between the victim, Julie Stender, and her landlady, Esther de Laurenti, who’s a bit too fond of drink and the host of raucous dinner parties with her artist friends. Esther also turns out to be a budding novelist—and when Julie turns up as a murder victim in the still-unfinished mystery she’s writing, the link between fiction and real life grows both more urgent and more dangerous.

But Esther’s role in this twisted scenario is not quite as clear as it first seems. Is she the culprit—or just another victim, trapped in a twisted game of vengeance? Anette and Jeppe must dig more deeply into the two women’s pasts to discover the identity of the brutal puppet-master pulling the strings in this electrifying literary thriller.

My Thoughts

***I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!***

This sounded really good and I was excited to start it. While the writing was really was good I really didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

I think more or less it was a bit boring and I was underwhelmed for a thriller. There were a few times it got my heart going but not as much as I would have liked for this kind of book.

The setting was Denmark, I think it was pretty good described for the most part for even people who haven’t been there. But of course if you have been it could be easier to follow the setting.

Overall I thought the idea of the book was a bit better than the actual book, while it was good it was not great and at times boring. Overall I think give it 3 it held my interest enough not to quit and I enjoyed some parts of it.

3 ★