Review: Little Darlings by Melanie Golding

Little Darlings - Melanie Golding

“Mother knows best” takes on a sinister new meaning in this unsettling thriller perfect for fans of Neil Gaiman and Grimms’ Fairy Tales.

Everyone says Lauren Tranter is exhausted, that she needs rest. And they’re right; with newborn twins, Morgan and Riley, she’s never been more tired in her life. But she knows what she saw: that night, in her hospital room, a woman tried to take her babies and replace them with her own…creatures. Yet when the police arrived, they saw no one. Everyone, from her doctor to her husband, thinks she’s imagining things.

A month passes. And one bright summer morning, the babies disappear from Lauren’s side in a park. But when they’re found, something is different about them. The infants look like Morgan and Riley―to everyone else. But to Lauren, something is off. As everyone around her celebrates their return, Lauren begins to scream, These are not my babies.

Determined to bring her true infant sons home, Lauren will risk the unthinkable. But if she’s wrong about what she saw…she’ll be making the biggest mistake of her life.

Compulsive, creepy, and inspired by some our darkest fairy tales, Little Darlings will have you checking―and rechecking―your own little ones. Just to be sure. Just to be safe.

*I received a free copy from the publisher via Bookish First and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

I really enjoyed this book, it so fun to read in a creepy kind of way, It had a fantasy, thriller and mystery vibe.

I always think that anything creepy with kids makes it so much creepier, and I think that is one reason I loved this book so much. But also because you never really sure what it really is and left to your imagination.

In the beginning I was not a fan of Lauren and thought of her a bit annoying but as the book went I couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

I thought the writing was great and had a hard time putting the book down and it kept me creeped out and scarred on the edge of my seat.

There were only a few parts I really didn't care for but for the most part I really enjoyed this book, even more than I thought.

If you are a fan of Grimm retelling, mystery, and a bit of horror, definitely give this book a try, I'm sure you will like it.

I rate it 4★

Buy Links

Will be available April 30, 2019

Amazon *** B&N *** Kobo

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/index.php/2019/03/12/review-little-darlings-by-melanie-golding