Review: Etched in Bone(The Others #5) by Anne Bishop

Etched in Bone  - Anne Bishop

After the Elders cleansed and reclaimed many human towns, Lakeside Courtyard has emerged relatively unscathed, though Simon Wolfgard, its wolf-shifter leader, and blood prophet Meg Corbyn must work with the human pack to maintain the fragile peace. But all their efforts are threatened when Lieutenant Montgomery's shady brother arrives, looking for a free ride and easy pickings.

With the humans on guard against one of their own, tensions rise, drawing the attention of the Elders, who are curious about the effect such an insignificant predator can have on a pack. But Meg knows the dangers, for she has seen in the cards how it will all end: with her standing beside a grave. . . .

3 ½ ★

I finished this book last week but I really wasn’t sure what to think of the ending for a while and had to think about it.

Plus this book is hard to review for me for some reason.

I really liked the book but I don’t think it was as great or strong as the previous books.

Once we got to the end I thought a lot of this book could have been spent more towards wrapping things up more for other residents of and around the courtyard.  While things get wrapped up nicely for the most part for Simon and Meg , some of the Others were a bit open ended and not only that but also some of the commutes.

I must admit the whole Elder part.  I was still not a huge fan of the Elders and the whole Jimmy thing. It just seemed weird and way to drawn out. The final battle was once again pretty anti climatic for me like in the last book. Not only that but o teas pretty much off page, which kind off was a letdown ,since  do actual get their POV once a while .

But overall it was a great book, We get to see some of our favorite people/or others prep and fear a common threat of the elders. We also meet some new people, some I liked a lot and hope to see in future spin-off books.

The ending I think was the best outcome we could have hoped for, for Simon and Meg….. it was always clear they never be a regular couple. I just could have gotten this earlier and maybe a bit more and maybe an idea what that will look like.

I also would have liked to see how other things turn out … like Sam and Skippy…. Vlad and Tess. We never really get a conclusion and all is a bit open ended, even some of the humans and other communities around the courtyard, they end was just a tad too focused on Meg and Simon and we not even get a full thing there.

What I liked about the series best, was that all the way to the end the Others always stayed a threat to humans. While some were accepted most stayed clever meat throughout the series.

Overall, while I has some issues and wished for more but I was satisfied with the end. And I will most defiantly read the books that follow.

I rate it 3 ½ ★

Image result for satisfied gif

Buy Links

Amazon *** B&N *** Kobo

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/index.php/2018/10/16/review-etched-in-bonethe-others-5-by-anne-bishop