Review: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli

Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised.

With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.

I have been seeing this book everywhere and with the movie just released I thought it was time to jump  on the bandwagon and finally read it.

I really enjoyed it; it was everything I thought it be and more.  It was light, funny cute and heartwarming to follow Simon as he not only comes out but also deals with the fallout and is falling in love . Plus dealing with all the other stuff you deal with in high school. I think what I liked the most what that we didn’t just get your usual teen drama, that we got much more and the feelings behind it. Not only from Simon but also his friends.

I also liked that not everything is sunshine and roses and we do get some kind of conflict and or bullying and that it is dealt with in a realistic manner.

Another thing I enjoyed was that after we finds out who Blue is, it doesn’t just end there. No it keeps going for a bit and gives us a glimpse on that live and all their futures.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and rate it 4-4 ½★

Buy Links

Amazon ***  B&N *** Kobo

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/index.php/2018/06/06/review-simon-vs-the-homo-sapiens-agenda-by-becky-albertalli