Review: Vision in Silver (The Others #3) by Anne Bishop

Vision in Silver - Anne Bishop

The Others freed the cassandra sangue to protect the blood prophets from exploitation, not realizing their actions would have dire consequences. Now the fragile seers are in greater danger than ever before; both from their own weaknesses and from those who seek to control their divinations for wicked purposes. In desperate need of answers, Simon Wolfgard, a shape-shifter leader among the Others, has no choice but to enlist blood prophet Meg Corbyn’s help, regardless of the risks she faces by aiding him.

Meg is still deep in the throes of her addiction to the euphoria she feels when she cuts and speaks prophecy. She knows each slice of her blade tempts death. But Others and humans alike need answers, and her visions may be Simon’s only hope of ending the conflict.

For the shadows of war are deepening across the Atlantik, and the prejudice of a fanatic faction is threatening to bring the battle right to Meg and Simon’s doorstep…

Where to start with this book? There was so much going on and we get a lot of new information not only about the blood prophets but also about the Terra Indigine and the HFL movement. There are also a lot of things happening with our humans or human pack as Simon calls them.  A big change is happening to Monty of the officers working with the court and it was great to see the court helping the humans. But really they were helping out a few humans in this book and you could see that change is coming when it comes to the humans. But only with certain humans, other are still only clever meat for the most part and after reading some of the stuff I can only agree.

Most everyone is trying to help the blood prophets , helping them cope living outside the compound or really just living in some cases. We learn some new things about them and their life before they have been freed. The search is also on for something to help them other than cutting.

Meg, in this book, was kind of getting on my nerves for some reason; everything seemed too hyped up all the sudden. I mean she was watching movies and would get new images through that, you would think that would have caused some freak-outs but I guess movies don’t count for getting new images for her.  Anyway, she came over a bit annoying in some parts of the book, but overall I still liked her and her willingness to learn and cope. Though she had some pretty dumb moments.  Also, OMG …. I relaise that her and Simon will maybe never have a  traditional romance but  please can they already tell each other how they feel and go from there on . It’s getting old.

Simon didn’t change much from the last book he still brooding. He is also really trying to work with the humans they know and help but also has a struggle with that. He too could start fessing up and telling her how he feels and start figuring it out how to go from there.

Tess, we get to see a lot more of her powers and I love that, I hope we meet more if her kind but I have a feeling not all are as friendly as her.

We get a lot more of Nathan this book which I loved, he is becoming one of my favorite characters in the books and I look forward to part with him. Let hope Bishop will not spoil the fun and hurt him seriously.

I still really enjoy the ponies, Sam and now Skippy. They really are refreshing in this mostly pretty dark world.

I love the human pack and how they more and more become a part of the courtyard. Except Dr. Lorenzo, I still don’t like or trust him.

I also look forward o learning more about the people on the island, now with some blood prophets as well.

Overall I still loved the book a lot just not as much as the last couple books, mainly because of Meg but I hope that will change next book.

I rate it 4 ★

Image result for she wolf pack gif