Review: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse—Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends—one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena—Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.

First of I should say that I have watched the movie that came out few years ago. While the movie was not the best I still enjoyed the story. But that being said I knew a lot of the things happening in book one and not much surprised me but solely because I watched the movie and not because it was super easy to predict. Also I’m much older than the target audience but that did not stop me from loving this book just as much.
I’m not sure what else is there to say that has not been said about this book so I will make it short and sweet.
If you like and are a fan of Greek Mythology than this book is a must read for you. But really anyone who likes fantasy will enjoy this book.
It is packed full, action, plot twist and is hard to put down, It is super easy to get lost in the world with Percy and his friends. All of them are very likable and enjoyable.
Not to mention this book is super funny and had me laughing out loud on many occasions.
All I can say is that I highly recommend this book to anyone, no matter age.
I rate it 5 ★