Blog Tour: The Invasion by T.H. Hernandez with Excerpt and Giveaway

Today’s stop is for T.H. Hernandez’s The Invasion. We will have info about the book and author, and a great excerpt from the book, plus a great giveaway. Make sure to check everything out and enter the giveaway.

Happy Reading :)

35386376

They failed. Evan and Cyrus risked everything to keep the Uprising from attacking the unarmed Union, but something went terribly wrong. Evan’s home has been invaded by soldiers who are killing government officials and occupying the homes of her fellow citizens.

Captured by the Uprising, Evan fights for her life and her sanity, desperate to escape so she can find Cyrus and her family.

Reeling from an unexpected discovery, Cyrus is adrift until he uses his Uprising training to find a way to fight back against the invading force the only way he knows how.

With the help of old friends and new, they will do whatever it takes to protect each other and those they love, even if it means sacrificing being together, their way of life, and even their very lives.

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Buy Link

Amazon *** iBooks ** Barnes & Noble ** Google Play *** Kobo

Waiting is its own special kind of hell. One hour gives way to the next without anyone coming to see me, talk to me, or tell me anything. My brain is busy with so much free time, churning out every way they might kill me. If they were going to execute me, I think they would have done it by now, which means they know what I did. It’s the only explanation for why I’m still alive. They want to know who else was involved. Fear crawls through my veins like fire ants. Everything we did, every risk we took, was all for nothing. The Uprising invaded the Union anyway. Maybe this was the Uprising’s strategy from the start. They were bringing people in here for months. Whatever was going on out in the Ruins could have been a distraction, something to allow them to carry out their real mission. Jamming my palms into my eyes, frustration, anger, and fear war inside me until I’m being torn apart, one piece at a time. I slump to the ground and blow out a steady breath of defeat. A rustling draws me from my thoughts and I turn to the opening where Draya stands flanked by two soldiers carrying folding chairs. Both guys could be distant relatives of Hercules. I swallow hard, trying to push back some of my anxiety, but all that does is make me choke. Hercules One sets his chair in the middle of the space, and Draya takes the seat. The other guy drops the second one across from her. “Sit.” I eye the chair and weigh my options before reluctantly sitting and facing Draya. Unease hums across my skin as I raise my gaze to meet hers. She turns her head and studies me for several long, uncomfortable moments. Staring into her piercing blue eyes, I’m transported back to the house in the Ruins where I first met her, the day I woke for the first time after they rescued me. She was wary of me even then. “So, do you want to tell me how you got that tattoo?” It’s a stupid question. She knows how I got it. Same way everyone gets one, the same way she got hers. “What camp did you train in?” I stare back. There’s nothing to be gained by answering. “When did you desert?” Stare. “Were you responsible for the attacks on the camps in March?” Stare. She narrows her eyes and folds her arms over her chest. “Did you attack the supply trucks?” Stare. Draya stands and takes a few steps forward. I pop up, tensing. Her eyes never leave mine as she approaches, but she merely walks past, slamming her shoulder into me on her way out, her entourage grabbing the chairs and following.

Catch Up on the Series:

The Union

The Union (The Union #1)

The Ruins

The Ruins (The Union Book 2) by [Hernandez, T.H. ]

The Uprising

The Uprising (The Union Book 3) by [Hernandez, T.H. ]

When not visiting the imaginary worlds inside my head, I live in San Diego, California, with one husband, three children, two cats, and one dog. In addition to my day job as a technical writer and editor, I write young adult fiction. I love the intensity of teen emotions and the way they're still figuring out life.

When I'm not writing, you can find me with my nose in a book, hanging out with family and friends, hiking, or knitting. I'm obsessed with Facebook, young adult novels, bad lip reading videos, pumpkin spice lattes, microbrewed beers, and the San Diego Chargers.

Links

August 15th

Fictional Rendezvous Book Blog               Excerpt

abibliophobia anonymous book reviews               Excerpt

Book Butterfly in Dreamlamd     Excerpt

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/blog-tour-invasion-t-h-hernandez-excerpt-giveaway