Review: One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost

One Grave at a Time - Jeaniene Frost

How Do You Send A Killer to the Grave When He's Already Dead? Having narrowly averted an (under)World War, Cat Crawfield wants nothing more than a little downtime with her vampire husband, Bones. Unfortunately, her gift from New Orleans's voodoo queen just keeps on giving - leading to a personal favor that sends them into battle once again, this time against a villainous spirit.

Centuries ago, Heinrich Kramer was a witch hunter. Now, every All Hallows Eve, he take physical form to torture innocent women before burning them alive. This year, however, a determined Cat and Bones must risk all to send him back to the other side of eternity - forever. But one wrong step and they'll be digging their own graves.

After the last book was a bit of let down for me I was a little nervous starting this one. But I can say it was better than the last one. While not as good as some books in the series it is by far not bad.

We have lot going on for our characters in this book. The Government is on their butts and changes are happening in her old units and none of them are good. They also trying to find a way for her Uncle to pass on all the while trying to catch a ghost that kills and rapes women once a year on Halloween.

While there was a lot going on story wise this book seemed a lot slower them some others, it also seemed a bit darker or maybe that was just me.

There are some things going on with her mom that I’m not sure about. Sometimes it just seems the author is just dragging her mom along in the story and doesn’t really know what to do with her.

I really like that we get more and more of Fabian, I really like him and he became just part of the family.

I loved that Cat once again finally embraced her uniqueness with her powers and made use of them.

Bones was also pretty nice in this book and I like that they became such a power couple. I just love them and they snarkly loving relationship and they would do anything to protect the other. Plus all the smexy times doesn’t hurt. Though the whole sex while flying in this book was a bit too much and bit over the top.

We again see a lot of people from the past again, and I still like Tate, wish he could have been like that from the very beginning. We also get to see some of the powers Denise has.

I was not a huge fan of Spade in this book, I think it was bit much , while I understand his need to protect her I think it was all a bit much, but he came down a bit.

Overall and other great book in the series and I curious to see the conclusion of Cat’s and Bone’s journey in the next book.

I rate it 4 ★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“Your mum pounced on her and started sucking away. Would’ve been arousing if not for all the screaming.”

“Ian,” Bones drew out warningly.

He grinned. “You’re right. I was aroused anyway.”

***

“That face. That body. And you know he’s packing. Look at the angle on that dangle.”

***

“Brilliant landing.. We´re trying to keep a low profile, and here you´ve gone and made it look like a meteorite hit.”

***

“You’re shagging a woman who can turn into a dragon? Blast you, Charles, I am sick with envy!”

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Available NOW

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Jeaniene Frost

Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series and the Broken Destiny series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in North Carolina with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps in on the weekends. Aside from writing, Jeaniene enjoys reading, poetry, watching movies with her husband, exploring old cemeteries, spelunking and traveling – by car. Airplanes, children, and cook books frighten her.

For information on Jeaniene's books, reading the first 20% of each book free, book trailers, deleted scenes, creature mythology, and more, please visit: www.jeanienefrost.com

Links

Website *** Faceboook *** Twitter *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-one-grave-time-night-huntress-6-jeaniene-frost