A Fire in the Blood by Amanda Ashley

A Fire in the Blood - Amanda Ashley

-I see a man. He is old. Very old. He will come into your life in a moment of danger. He will watch over you and protect you.- The gypsy's hand gripped Tessa's tighter. -He will bring you death, - she whispered, her voice like the rustle of dry leaves. -And life.-

Ten years later, when Andrei Dinescu saves Tessa from a vicious attacker, she has no idea that the handsome stranger the gypsy fortune teller predicted is not a hunter but a seven-hundred-year-old vampire. Darkly powerful, unbelievably compelling, he is obviously pursuing Tessa, but is it her love he's after or her blood?

-A classic vampire tale of sensual, spine-tingling suspense.- --Christine Feehan on Desire After Dark

-Sexy, fast-paced, gritty, this is Amanda Ashley at her best! A must read!- --Ronda Thompson on Dead Sexy.

To be honest the beginning reminded me a little of True Blood, which is not bad because I liked True Blood. But that was just the very beginning with Vampires coming out of the coffin and such. Though Andrei did also remind me a little of Bill. You know the “nice’ vampire wanting to protect the poor innocent human.

I must say I was not a huge fan of Andrei and his behavior. I really didn’t care for that he just kept the lie up and even later when it all came to light. I just never could really trust him anymore and was just waiting to see what else he is lying about.

I however did enjoy Tessa. She was likeable and seemed real. She was also funny and fast thinking and give up.

There was a rather big cast of side characters, which where a big part of the story and way more than side characters.

The overall story was enjoyable. Though some parts were very predictable and sometimes it just seemed very long and had some page fillers.  A little shorter book would not have been a bad idea in this case.  But as mentioned overall I enjoyed the book.

I rate it at 3 ★

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Available NOW

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Amanda Ashley is one of those rare birds - a California native. She’s lived in Southern California her whole life and loves it (except for the earthquakes). She and her husband share a home with a fluffy Pomeranian named Lady, a tortoise named Buddy, and a wild sparrow named Tweety.

Amanda and her alter ego, Madeline Baker, have written over 50 books, many of which have appeared on various bestseller lists, including the New York Times List, the Waldenbooks Bestseller list, and the USA Today list. Not bad for someone who started writing just for the fun of it.

Links