The Struggle (Titan #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Struggle - Jennifer L. Armentrout

A bloody path has been chosen…

The war against the Titans continues, and they remain determined to wreak havoc on the world, but Seth has become something all gods fear. Now the most dangerous, most absolute power no longer resides in those who have been freed from their tombs.

The Great War fought by the few is coming…

All may doubt and fear what Seth has become. All except the one woman who might be his final chance at redemption. Josie will do anything to prove that Seth is on their side, but fate has a nasty way of changing lives, of changing people.

In the end, the sun will fall…

The only way they can save the future and save themselves is by facing the unknown together. It will take more than trust and faith. It will take love and the kind of strength not easily broken. No matter what, their lives will never be the same.

For what the gods have feared has come to pass. The end of the old is here and the beginning of the new has been ushered in…

I’m so glad I could reunite with these characters, I really did miss them. This book seemed a bit slower and had less action than the last, but we get a lot of character arc in this book. It pretty much starts off where we left with the second book as Seth left, not only his friends but also Josie. When Seth left in the last book we found out that he is the …….. ,but he is sooo, sooo much more and it was kind of a shock and but also funny. The gods didn’t care for him before but now that is even a bigger issue. Speaking of the gods, we don’t get to see or hear a lot from them excerpt select few. Herc was completely missing and not even mentioned, maybe once if even, so that was a bit odd. He is still dealing with some issues or what he thinks are issues. But I think we are finally over the hump as far as Seth being all “nobody deserves me” spiel. I think maybe he starting to see what we all saw in him a long time ago, and it is about time. We get to see w much lighter and freer side of Seth as well which I enjoy so much. The softer, funny Seth that loves not just himself. Josie, she dealing with some pretty severe stuff after being taking by a Titan, while Seth was off finding himself. Some of it was pretty heartbreaking. But it really showed how much she has grown since book one. She has become so strong not only her powers but her, as a woman. I just wish she would see it as well and stop comparing herself to Alex or what Alex can do and she can’t. Because she is one strong and powerful heroine herself. As I mentioned we don’t get much of the gods, but we do get to see Apollo here and there. But, man something better be brewing that we don’t know about yet. Because he was one class A douche in this book. And I say that even though I loved him in the first two books. We get plenty of time with Alex and Aiden, Deacon and Luke and I loved how they become such a big part of the story without taking over the story. We even get to see some other old friends. I like that Josie and Alex grow closer and maybe even become close friends. I like that Alex is there for her when Josie needs someone the most. She also stood up for her at times and other just sat and held her hands when needed. Overall it was a great book, we have big characters and plot development happening. Some pretty awesome and big things are happening. Some of them were easily figured out and hinted at all throughout and other were pretty shocking like the cliffhanger that of course we getting. While we don’t get as much action we still get plenty of humor, romance and suspense and of course some action does happen. I’m already anxiously waiting for the next book.

I rate it 4★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“Loving him meant that I knew from the first moment that I fell for Seth that he was complicated – that loving him wouldn’t be easy. Loving him…Well, it meant that I was willing to fight for him.”

***

“What destiny crap are you talking about?” A secretive smile curved the corners of his lips. “There is so much you do not know.” Why I hadn’t blasted the glittery fuck-face out the window yet was anyone’s guess.”

***

“If something happened to you again?” Lightning shot between the clouds, lighting up the sky in brilliant white. “I would burn this fucking world to the ground and then I would destroy Olympus.”

***

Seth snorted as he placed the last of the eggs on a plate. “That is just as likely as you actually being useful. “ One side of Aiden’s lips kicked up. “You know, I think you have a crush on me. “ Seth simply smiled in return, and it was a bit of creepy, hide-your-kids kind of smile that actually reminded me of Apollo, and that really made it even more weird. “It’s like the Twilight Zone,” murmured Alex, her eyes big. “Watching them work together on anything, even when it’s just eggs and bacon.”

Available NOW

author-photo-jla_j-lynn

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. She spends her time reading, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell Loki.

Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen. Her book Obsidian has been optioned for a major motion picture and her Covenant Series has been optioned for TV. Jennifer has won numerous awards, including the 2013 Reviewers Choice Award for Wait for You, the 2015 Editor’s Pick for Fall With Me, and the 2014/2015 Moerser-Jugendbuch- Jury award for Obsidian. Her young adult romantic suspense novel DON’T LOOK BACK was a 2014 nominated Best in Young Adult Fiction by YALSA.

She also writes Adult and New Adult contemporary and paranormal romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.

Links