Grayson (This is Our Life #1) by F.G. Adams

Grayson - Charles F. Adams

syns

Growing up in the small coastal town of Florida, Grayson Blackwood has defied the odds stacked against him. Appearances on the outside can be very deceiving. Coming from a wealthy family with an abusive father that won’t ever change, he’s determined to be a better man. Grayson is fighting for his family, his country, and the only woman he’s ever loved.

Ella Anderson has lived a hard life, growing up with a sick mom and a less than upstanding father. From hand-me-downs to food stamps, life was never easy for her family. But the one thing she could always count on was her family’s love, and for Ella, that was the most precious commodity.

When Ella moves to Lakeview, she meets Grayson in high school. The attraction is immediate for both. Dubbed as ‘just friends’, Grayson and Ella forge an undeniable friendship that leads to a powerful promise.

After high school, Ella and Grayson fall out of touch. A one-in-a-million chance meeting halfway around the globe brings the couple back together in a lifeless desert land, a combat zone where death is always present.

Alpha in his own right, Captain Blackwood leads his special ops team into a war-torn country, determined to take down a terrorist, while Ella struggles with the realization that Grayson has found her again.

Will their love survive time and their harsh separation from long ago? Can Grayson show Ella that they were made for each other?

Bluebirds mate for life. And Grayson’s Bluebird is coming home.

Author’s Note: This is a full-length standalone novel with a happily ever after ending and no cliffhanger. Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

my though

First time for me reading this author(s) and it will not be the last. I absolutely loved this book and everything about it. The writing, the story the characters. It was one of those books that made me swoon, cry and laugh out loud and swoon some more. It also had me biting my nails and sitting at the edge of my seat with some of the more suspenseful scenes. I enjoyed the timeline in the book which was actually over several years. We get the early year of them and then the later when they reunite and even after that. We learn what has happened in those years between so we really don’t miss a lot, which was great. While there was an instant attraction for them, I liked that they build up to their relationship over time. We see them grow and grow with each other. Neither of them had a great childhood really and both had some rough times but they both stood strong and on their course, or made a new course for them. I also really enjoyed the characters, they were easy to relate to and very enjoyable. Grayson while very much an alpha male through and through, he also has a sweet and tender side to him, not to mention his sexy and funny side. I loved his nickname for Ella and the story behind it. Ella, beautiful, sweet and funny Ella. I enjoyed following her through the book and see her grow not just older but as a person. I loved them even more together, sweet, sexy, funny and most of all perfect for each other. Overall I really enjoyed this book and feel like I gained some new awesome friends. I’m looking forward to read the next two books in the series.

I rate this book 5 ★

Available NOW

Abouttheauth

F.G. Adams

F.G. Adams writes contemporary and paranormal romance about sexy alpha heroes and feisty-mouthed heroines. The wonder twins forming F.G. enjoy a healthy obsession of reading that started at a young age. Their books reflect an avid imagination that was cultivated by their grandmother who taught them the mind has no limits and to use both hands when reaching for the stars. Partners in writing, they both thrive on creating unique storylines for you, the reader to enjoy. When not writing, you can find them on a beach with their significant other enjoying the waves or riding a Harley on a country road somewhere in the USA.

Links