The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow #1) by Rachel Morgan

The Faerie Guardian - Rachel  Morgan

syns

Protecting humans from dangerous magical creatures is all in a day’s work for a faerie training to be a guardian. Seventeen-year-old Violet Fairdale knows this better than anyone—she’s about to become the best guardian the Guild has seen in years. That is, until a cute human boy who can somehow see through her faerie glamor follows her into the Fae realm. Now she’s broken Guild Law, a crime that could lead to her expulsion.

The last thing Vi wants to do is spend any more time with the boy who got her into this mess, but the Guild requires that she return Nate to his home and make him forget everything he’s discovered of the Fae realm. Easy, right? Not when you factor in evil faeries, long-lost family members, and inconvenient feelings of the romantic kind. Vi is about to find herself tangled up in a dangerous plot—and it’ll take all her training to get out alive.

my though

This was one of those book for me that I wasn’t sure if I like it or not. There were several things that I liked but also several things I disliked about the book. There was one part that made me continue read the book and later actually like it at the end. The book is very fast paced and super easy to read, I read it in a little over 5 hours and one sitting. I really enjoyed the world building and Creepy Hollow and most of the residents there. A few I’m not sure about and for good reason as it turns out in the end. It is really easy to get lost in the world of Creepy Hollow. I liked the concept of the Guild and it kind of reminded of Vampire Academy meets Shadow Hunters and I cannot wait to see and learn more about it. I was not a huge fan of Vi, she seemed a little immature at time even for YA. I also thought for someone who is on top of her class she gets her butt kicked way to many times. I know not all hero win and get the behinds kicked but it seemed to be happening to her way more plus like I said she is the top student and could have handled some of her situations a bit better. We also have her Insta-Love with Nate, which made no sense to me at all. Actually the entire Romance between them made very little sense and seemed a off. I could not at all relate to it. Nate, He seemed forced and while he was funny most of the time, sometimes it just seemed forced to me. There is a lot of backstory to him and yet we know almost nothing about him but I think we will learn a lot more in later books. The person I absolutely loved was Ryn, if not for him would have quit the book about 25% in. It is clear early on that there is some kind of history between him and Vi but it is not revealed until much later in the book… what and why. I think if the book would have concentrated more on the main story line instead of the romance part it could have been much better. But overall it was enjoyable. There are some big plot twists and which made it really good and made sure I will read the second book in the series. Overall it was a good read and I’m curious to see what happens next but I really hope Vi grows up a bit in future books.

I rate it 3★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“Did you really think I wouldn’t look for you?” “Honestly? Yes. You seemed a little busy losing your tongue down someone else’s throat.”

***

“Whatever game you’re playing, you’re going to lose,” he whispers. “And I’ll be right there to rub your nose in it when it happens.” “Great. Well, at least I have something to look forward to.” I cross my arms. “Now why don’t you go parade your lack of dignity somewhere else?”

***

“I refuse to let you talk me into a make-out session in a dodgy, underground tunnel. I have standards, you know.”

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Available NOW

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Abouttheauth

Rachel Morgan

Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her time immersed in fantasy land once more, writing fiction for young adults and those young at heart.

Rachel lives in Cape Town with her husband and three miniature dachshunds. She is the author of the bestselling Creepy Hollow series.

Links

Website *** Facebook *** Twitter *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/faerie-guardian-creepy-hollow-1-rachel-morgan