A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas

syns

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world torn apart.

my though

Again first I like to say again that the book is rated YA but I would say it is more likely a NA book. Now to my main review which I have no clue how to write or what to say because: One - it was just so freaking awesome that it is hard to fit into a nice review Two - I don’t want to spoil it for anyone But I will do my best and will just make it short. Some of the quotes I will remove a name so it will not be spoiled for some. The book starts of right where the last one ended in a way. It is clear very early on that Feyre has some still shaking by the events of the last book. She is suffering from PTSD , but feels like she is alone with it. I think one think I like about these books is how much and how natural Feyre’s growth is throughout the book. That is also the case with friend and relationships and this book. It is not intsa love and things grow slowly, trust is slowly build or rebuild in some cases. Things progress naturally and we are just following along as Feyre and her journey. We meet many new characters and new and different fae. I must say I love each and single new person that is a part of Feyre’s journey. Each for different reason, but yet all because they stand help and stand behind her no matter what. We see more of the courts in the faerie realms now that most are freed from Amarantha. And we get to see more of the court of night, which includes Court of dreams and Court of Nightmares, while it is one Court and run by one person, you will see that there are very different from each other. Feyre actually spend a good deal in the court of night because if her bargain with Rhysand. She also learns a lot of new things about herself and what she is able to do and not to able to do. She spends a lot of time working on the things that come not as natural to her as she helps prepare for the coming war. We get to know more about Tamlin and Rhysand and it might not be what we thought it be. There are quite a lot of new things we learn that might surprise you about both of them. Plus one very surprising thing is uncovered that made me feel all kind of things. I still like Lucien even when I was a bit disappointed by some of his action but I think after the ending of this book we will see a whole lot more of him and he might be even a major player in this giant game of chess. We get to see her sisters again and it is rather awkward most of the time (for Feyre) but again there are some major plot twists happening. We also meet the King and get a good glimpse of him and what he has planned. Who evil he is and I think it will be a bloody battlefield coming in book three. I think chapter 54 was my favorite chapter of the book, it gives us a whole new point of view of book one. The ending was just awesome and perfect and again not at all what I thought it would be. But it was and perfect way to end this epic book. I loved this book a lot and it will be one of my all-time favorite books from now on. I just loved everything about it, the writing , the characters that just sneak their way into your heart , the never ending and awesome plot twists that happen in that awesome world setting. This book was heartbreaking, and swoon worthy and made me hold my breath all at once. It truly was an epic journey and I can’t wait for it to be May so I can get my hand on book three. I think we will get dual POVs in books three or at least I kind of hoping that will be the case. For me at was a full 5 ★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“He thinks he'll be remembered as the villain in the story. But I forgot to tell him that the villain is usually the person who locks up the maiden and throws away the key. He was the one who let me out.”

***

“When you spend so long trapped in darkness, Lucien, you find that the darkness begins to stare back.”

***

“I am broken and healing, but every piece of my heart belong to you.”

***

“I believe you. And I believe in peace. I believe in a better world.”

***

“Put a shirt on while you’re at it,” I quipped. A feline smile. “Does it make you uncomfortable?” “I’m surprised there aren’t more mirrors in this house, since you seem to love looking at yourself so much.

***

“A protector—that’s who he was, and would always be. What I had wanted when I was cold and hard and joyless; what I had needed to melt the ice of bitter years on the cusp of starvation. I didn’t have the nerve to wonder what I wanted or needed now. Who I had become.”

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Available NOW

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Abouttheauth

Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much tea, and watches an ungodly amount of TV. When she's not busy writing, she can be found exploring the historic and beautiful Pennsylvania countryside with her husband and canine companion.

Links

Website *** Facebook *** Twitter *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/court-mist-fury-court-thorns-roses-2-sarah-j-maas