The Turn (The Hollows 0.1) by Kim Harrison

The Turn: The Hollows Begins with Death - Kim Harrison

syns

Can science save us when all else fails?

Trisk and her hated rival, Kalamack, have the same goal: save their species from extinction.

Death comes in the guise of hope when a genetically modified tomato created to feed the world combines with the government's new tactical virus, giving it an unexpected host and a mode of transport. Plague takes the world, giving the paranormal species an uncomfortable choice to stay hidden and allow humanity to die, or to show themselves in a bid to save them.

Under accusations of scientific misconduct, Trisk and Kal flee across a plague torn United States to convince leaders of the major paranormal species to save their supposedly weaker kin, but not everyone thinks humanity should be saved.

Kal surreptitiously works against her as Trisk fights the prejudices of two societies to prove that not only does humanity have something to offer, but that long-accepted beliefs against women, dark magic, and humanity itself can turn to understanding; that when people are at their worst that the best show their true strength, and that love can hold the world together as a new balance is found.

my though

I’m a huge fan of Kim Harrison’s Hollow series so I really looking forward to this book when she announced it. And now finally got to read it. I have to say I was a little worried because I read her Peri Reed Chronicles after the Hollows series and sadly was not a fan so I really was hoping I would like this one. And I was not disappointed. Fan of the Hollows series finally get to see what actually went down with the Turn. We meet people we only ever heard of and of course some really familiar faces. I should say that even if you have not read the Hollows series, you can still read and enjoy this book. You don’t have to have read the Hollows book and it would actually be a great book to start the series. While fans of the hollows are familiar of the world it was still a bit different since a major part of the book humans have no idea about the interlander community. I really liked the flow of the story line. It started out a little slow but picked up pretty fast. It was really interesting, suspenseful and funny at times. It made me not want to put the book down. I really liked Trisk she is smart, strong and can stand her own against people and demons alike. I think Rachel would have loved her and could have maybe learned a thing or two. Kal ….. Ugh I really disliked him, he is such a manipulative little elf. I really would have liked to hit him once or twice. He made Trent look like a unicorn or steroids, but we cab defiantly see where Trent got his mean streak. Of course we also get to see Quen, which I must say I like much better in this book. There is Al ….. Well Al is Al and he and some other faces familiar or not, or even some people just mentioned make me miss the Hollows and really made me want to re-read the entire series. I think it be interesting to read it now after this book. Overall really great book and if you are a fan of the Hollows this book is a must have.

I rate it 4 ★

***I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!***

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Will be available February 7th 2017

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Abouttheauth

Kim Harrison, author of the New York Times #1 best selling Hollows series, was born in Detroit and lived most her her life within an easy drive. She's currently working on the Peri Reed Chronicles, and when not at her desk, is most likely to be found landscaping her new/old Victorian home, in the garden, or on the links.

Links