How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back (White Trash Zombie #4) by Diana Rowland

How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back - Diana Rowland

syns

It’s zombie versus zombie as the Saberton Corporation declares war against the Zombie Mafia, kidnapping several of their party. It falls to Angel to lead the remnants of her gang halfway across the country to claw their way through corporate intrigue, zombie drugs, and undead trafficking to rescue her friends—and expose the traitor responsible for their abduction...

my though

This is the fourth book of the series and it was a little different than the previous books. One we have Angel taken out of her environment and out of the group of people she works with and thrown into a world world that is completely new to her.

Saberton is still at it and trying its best to destroy all zombies. They kidnap some major players in the whole Z game including the head of the clan Pierto. That throws everyone into a frenzy as they know what could happen if they not find him fast and most important without anyone knowing.

While the books seemed a bit slower in the beginning compared to others I still liked it best. Of course because of Angel and how wicked awesome she is. She has shown some really, major growth throughout the series and it really shows. Just not as you would expect it sometimes. She really runs into a lot of self-doubt, this book. But in the end it just shows how much she really has grown love how far she has come and all people she has, met and how they see her., verseus how she sees herself.

I like that she now has friends to hang out and talk to , no matter how different they might be from her world. Also she can trust them. Or can she? Also dealing with a mole and really it can be anyone in there group. She doesn’t know who she can trust and who she cannot trust .

Since she is in New York throughout this book we do not get a lot of interaction with people form her work and her work, which I kind of missed. But we still get some info and news from it.

I liked that she stands up to Marcus AGAIN in this book but I really wish she shouldn’t have to do this over and over with him. I really don’t like but after that ending I think we will see a lot more of him.

Someone I really did like was Brian. I really could not get enough of page time with him. I really hope him and Angel do get together at some point. I think they would make a great team.

Phillip, ummmmm not really sure, that whole Phillip thing is kinda freaky to me, he always give me the creeps and I’m not sure why.

Pietro, I think after this book all the cards are on the table… about him … but maybe not. Knowing him there are like twenty Aces up his sleeve. It also will be very interesting how all this will play out and continue, there are some game changing events in this book.

There were also some really weird things happening, even for me and I’m not really sure what to think about it. I think I will wait it out and see what happens now before I judge it more.

Overall really loved the book, while Angels had some moments of self-doubt and sometimes seemed to be falling back into her old lifestyle and way of thinking she came out on top in the end. She will defiantly will have to step up to fill a new roll given to her. I just hope it won’t ruin her and all the hard work she done. For herself and her dad, their relationship as much as for herself. The end defiantly had me worried bit.

Oh and while we not see much of Nick(the prick), the few moments we do  see/ hear him it defiantly worth it. I really like him and really curios to see more of him and his story.

All in all great book, great action, humor and shocking twists all throughout that I enjoyed.

I rate it 4 ½★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“I heard a low growl and realized it was coming from my own throat. Fuck the fear and fuck the insecurities. I was worth fighting for. Every woman was worth fighting for. Didn't matter if they were trash or addicts or rich or popular. Didn't matter if they dressed like a homeless waif, or in tight skirts and heels, or in jeans and flannel. No one deserved to feel hopeless and worthless the way this goddamn asshole wanted me to feel and, I had no doubt, made other girls feel.

***

The scent of his fresh human brain filled my senses, and I began to salivate like a dog at a barbecue. Shit. I dint know a lot about this spy business, but I was pretty sure eating a hostage wasn’t cool .

***

“Dude, if you don’t eat a couple of bites right now, I’ll chew it up and spit it into your mouth which would be beyond gross for both of us since there are bell peppers on that slice.”

***

Oh, god. I groaned o myself. I’m going to lunch with my hunky boyfriend and my also hunky zombie kid. Awkward city, party of three.

goodreads-badge-add-plus-