A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #1) by Amanda Bouchet

A Promise of Fire - Amanda Bouchet

syns

Catalia "Cat" Fisa is a powerful clairvoyant known as the Kingmaker. This smart-mouthed soothsayer has no interest in her powers and would much rather fly under the radar, far from the clutches of her homicidal mother. But when an ambitious warlord captures her, she may not have a choice…

Griffin is intent on bringing peace to his newly conquered realm in the magic-deprived south. When he discovers Cat is the Kingmaker, he abducts her. But Cat will do everything in her power to avoid her dangerous destiny and battle her captor at every turn. Although up for the battle, Griffin would prefer for Cat to help his people willingly, and he's ready to do whatever it takes to coax her…even if that means falling in love with her.

my though

First of I received this book as a gift from a good friend because she knew how bad I wanted to read it.

THANK YOU !!!!!

This book was by far one of my favorite books this year so far. It was the perfect mix of all the things I love in books.

Greek mythology, suspense, action, lots of snarky humor and of course romance, hot steamy romance at that.

We have Cat a powerful and snarky woman on the run not only from her past but her prophecy as well. We learn a lot from her, and her very painful and dark past but we are left with so much more to learn about her. Even as the books ends you know that there a ton more to Cat . She is strong but also very vulnerable. It was fun to read as she slowly but surely falls for Griffon. But also a bit frustrating as she denies the feeling to him and a bit to herself. But she has good reason to do it. She wants to protect him and his friends and later family.

As was also fun to see her slowly warm up to all of them and feeling like she belongs. Of course she can’t resist Griffon for long but that doesn’t mean she agrees with him. They argue most of the time and it is the funniest thing to watch them.

It is clear very early on in the book that she has some powerful allies that are gods on her side why or who is yet to be discovered. But she also a huge enemy after her.

Up to the end and even then we are not really sure who or what CAT is, only a pretty good idea.

Griffon…. Oh wow also one of my new favorite alpha males. Super funny, super Alpha with a heart of gold. I love that he just keeps putting up with Cat’s shenanigans. He is always honest and tells her how it is … or how it will be. He will not falter under her but at the same time he would give her the world.

He is also a good match to Cat when it comes to sarcasm and humor.  He knows there is much more to Cat and keeps trying for her to open up to him.

But Griffon has some tricks to him as well besides he brute strength and good looks.

I also loved his team, they are a big part of the story and of Cat and Griffon. They just fit really well.

Overall, great, great book!!!

Great word building, awesome characters and very well written and balanced story that leaves you wanting more.

I cannot believe I have to wait till January to read the second book, which I already pre-ordered.

If you are a fan of romance and fantasy I highly recommend this book.

I rate it a full 5 ★

Some of my favorite quotes:

Happiness is a strange, frightening, fragile feeling when you're not used to it.”

***

“I conquered a kingdom and found a treasure." His voice turns gravelly, low. "I won't let you go. Not now. Not ever.”

***

“I dread this power he has over me. It makes me want to tell him all my secrets and see if he still wants me.”

***

“Make a decision, and don't turn back."

"What if it's wrong?"

"I don't know." He winks at me over his shoulder. "It's never happened.”

***

That’s what I am, not who I am.”

***

These people actually like each other? What kind of family is this?

photo tumblr_nlqqlrSMcb1tjiviqo1_400_zpsfewf9tgk.gif

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Available NOW

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/promise-fire-kingmaker-chronicles-1-amanda-bouchet