Magic Binds (Kate Daniels #9) by Ilona Andrews

Untitled - Ilona Andrews

syns

Mercenary Kate Daniels knows all too well that magic in post-Shift Atlanta is a dangerous business. But nothing she’s faced could have prepared her for this…

Kate and the former Beast Lord Curran Lennart are finally making their relationship official. But there are some steep obstacles standing in the way of their walk to the altar…

Kate’s father, Roland, has kidnapped the demigod Saiman and is slowly bleeding him dry in his never-ending bid for power. A Witch Oracle has predicted that if Kate marries the man she loves, Atlanta will burn and she will lose him forever. And the only person Kate can ask for help is long dead.

The odds are impossible. The future is grim. But Kate Daniels has never been one to play by the rules…

my though

I don’t even know where to start to review this book. We had so much happening.

The whole book gave me emotional whiplash, I cried, and laughed and swooned even more. We get plenty dark and tender moments in the book but of course we also get the laugh out loud and crazy moments. Only Cate and Curran can make you laugh cry and swoon all on the same page without it seeming wrong.

We once and for all see what Roland is up to and there is no question about it anymore. There were a few confusing moments but in the end it all made sense.

Kate in this book really got to me, just because I thought, we see a rawer side of her.  But also we see her struggle with all her power and how to handle it.  We get some really tender moments with her and I really just wanted to hug and hold her. (In a not creepy way lol)

Curran, I thought I couldn’t love him anymore but I was so wrong.

Julie and Derrick really have grown up so much and I really just adore them. Julie is just becoming so smart, strong and independent. I’m still rooting for her and Derrick to get their own series lol.

We learn some surprising but fun things about Christopher. I was really sure how I felt about but it all came really nicely together.

I really loved Roman in this book, he was just plain hilarious and often lightened the mood.

I also really liked that we see Mahoon, coming around to be a bit friendlier, Martha of course is just lovely as ever.

The one person that disappointed me a little after all books and all the things that have happened was Jim.  I thought he was a big jerk in this book. I kind of could see where he is coming from but still overall did not really care for him.

Overall we have a great book , with a lots of action , love, humor and sad moments. Of course there are battles some bigger than others but also we again lose some people.

On the flip side. We gets someone back who turns out to be unlikely ally of Kate and crew , which I really enjoyed.

I rate this book a full 5 ★ and the next book cannot get here fast enough.

Some of my favorite quotes:

“No sacrificial pit ringed with skulls?” I asked.

“Ha. Ha.” Roman rolled his eyes. “Never heard that one before. I keep the virgins chained up in the basement. Do you want some coffee?”

***

He stared at me. A muscle jerked in his temple. Oh no. I’ve give the Beast Lord apoplexy. That seemed to be my calling in life.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m trying to decide if I really heard what you said or if somehow by brain quit on me and I hallucinated.”

“Take your time.”

***

“Did you run any of this by Curran?”

“I told him I was about to do something idiotic and dangerous, and he told me to go ahead and let him know if he could help in any way.”

“I don’t understand your relationship.”

***

‘Why are you bring so nice all of the sudden?”

“Well, since you got my sword back, I figure I can be cordial for a day or two. It will wear off.”

photo tumblr_n0olwyJgs31rmd611o1_500_zpsat3ymjcm.gif

*I received a free copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Will be available September 20th 2016

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/magic-binds-kate-daniels-9-ilona-andrews