April 2016 Reads

April 2016 reads poster

April was a so-so month.

I read two ARCs and the rest of my TBR pile so that was a great. One ARC was really great and I really loved, the other made me mad beyond believe.  Because it had such a high rating everywhere but it really was an utter disappointment.

That just proves that I should not trust the rating system on Goodreads or Amazon. You think maybe it was me but no, if you look through the reviews the 'honest" reviewers all felt the same way. The rest were the reviewers that give 5 star reviews to everyone, new members and or friends of the author.It is pretty easy to tell who is who .

I learned my lesson and in the future more go my "my trusted" reviewer friends.

Other than that is was a okay month and enjoyed the rest of the books.

A reminder, if you have not already don't forget to enter in the big multi author giveaway that is still happening here, there are some awesome prizes to win besides the grand prize of $180 Cash . And some option you can do everyday ;)

My plans for May are a still open, even though I still have  few review copies that need to be done soon. I will see where the wind blows me lol . And with summer break starting mid month, who know how much I get done with the kids home.

Anyways here is my April round-up, the buy links are added in the reviews I link.

Have a great month and thank you so much for all your support.

Touched by Elisa S. Amore

Touched

Based on a Norwegian legend

A Sealed Fate

An Angel of Death

A Forbidden Love

“As seductive as Meet Joe Black. As mysterious as City of Angels. As powerful as Twilight.”

What are you willing to sacrifice when the only person who can save you is the same one who has to kill you?

After vampires and werewolves, after wizards and fallen angels, a new breed of Angels is here to usher you into their dark world. An ancient, deadly, inescapable race.

No one can see them. They’re shadows of destiny. They’re knights of death. They’re the Subterraneans and they’re here to claim our lives.

Commanded by a mysterious congregation called the Màsala, the Angels of Death ensure that each man’s destiny takes its due course on Earth.

But what happens when love intervenes?

Can an Angel of Death deny his own nature and challenge destiny?

Can love rebel against fate?

When Gemma’s eyes first meet the dark, piercing gaze of Evan James, an ominous shadow creeps into her life, ultimately leading her to face her destiny. She doesn’t realize Evan is one of Death’s soldiers and that Death is summoning her.

Her time is up: Gemma must die . . . and Evan has been sent to kill her.

But what if she’s the only one who can truly see him?

Against every rule. Against fate itself. Against everything and everyone. A story of forbidden love and star-crossed destinies.

Dark. Romantic. Dangerous.

Touched combines devastating passion and unconfessable secrets, heartrending decisions and deep emotions, giving life to a love story as intense as the feelings that unite Evan and Gemma, as inescapable as the destiny that looms over them . . .

1 ½ ★

You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day

You're Never Weird on the Internet

syns

From online entertainment mogul, actress, and “queen of the geeks” Felicia Day, a funny, quirky, and inspiring memoir about her unusual upbringing, her rise to Internet-stardom, and embracing her individuality to find success in Hollywood.

The Internet isn’t all cat videos. There’s also Felicia Day—violinist, filmmaker, Internet entrepreneur, compulsive gamer, hoagie specialist, and former lonely homeschooled girl who overcame her isolated childhood to become the ruler of a new world… or at least semi-influential in the world of Internet Geeks and Goodreads book clubs.

After growing up in the south where she was “home-schooled for hippie reasons”, Felicia moved to Hollywood to pursue her dream of becoming an actress and was immediately typecast as a crazy cat-lady secretary. But Felicia’s misadventures in Hollywood led her to produce her own web series, own her own production company, and become an Internet star.

Felicia’s short-ish life and her rags-to-riches rise to Internet fame launched her career as one of the most influential creators in new media. Now, Felicia’s strange world is filled with thoughts on creativity, video games, and a dash of mild feminist activism—just like her memoir.

Hilarious and inspirational, You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) is proof that everyone should embrace what makes them different and be brave enough to share it with the world, because anything is possible now—even for a digital misfit.

5 ★

Music Notes by Lacey Black

Music Notes

Sing.

That’s what I came to do.

I was prepared to do just that until I walked into my audition and saw him. Tall, mysterious, and gorgeous to boot, he was sitting at the coaches’ table with three others, ready to judge my performance, and decide my future. Yet, since I’d walked onto the stage, he continued to look at anything but me. So, I did the one thing I was there to do: sing. When I opened my mouth and let those words spill from my lips, he finally looked up. Those startling, dark eyes collided with mine with such intensity that I knew one thing for certain: I would never be the same.

I am Layne Carter, newest contestant on Rising Star, the biggest singing competition on reality television. Nothing can stop me from giving this show my all. Not my horrible diva roommate. Not the fact that I’m terribly homesick and miss my family. And certainly not my uncontrollable growing attraction to my coach, Beau Tanner, award winning country superstar. Nothing will stand in my way.

And I’m wrong.

5 ★

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Creatures

syns

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she’s struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town’s oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

Skinwalker by Faith Hunter

Skinwalker

syns

First in a brand new series from the author of the rogue mage novels

Jane Yellowrock is the last of her kind-a skinwalker of Cherokee descent who can turn into any creature she desires and hunts vampires for a living. But now she’s been hired by Katherine Fontaneau, one of the oldest vampires in New Orleans and the madam of Katie’s Ladies, to hunt a powerful rogue vampire who’s killing other vamps…

3 ½★