March 2016 Reads

March 2016 Reads

Here is once again my monthly recap, March was reading wise a good month which really surprised me considering everyone in my family was sick with the flu or other lovely things and I didn't get as much reading time in as I wanted to.

But that is the reason I lowed my goal, so I don't have to rush and panic when something like sickness gets in the my way.

I still got a few reviews copies in, actually all but Beyond the Veil, were review copies, so all is good.

Next month I plan on picking up a new series to read for my "fun' reading time, between review copies.

Also plan on getting through some of the standalone books I have sitting on my shelf.

Since I also kind of need a break from anything paranormal, I might pick up more contemporary romance books. Something light and fun with a HEA.

That's about it for March at the end of this post I will also add the giveaway again, for those who have not entered yet or want to enter again (some options can be done daily).

It is a huge giveaway and you can win a lot of neat stuff, from books to swag and gift cards and much more. The grand prize is $180 Cash (through paypal) . So it is definitely worth entering.

Good Luck :)

As always I will include the buy links for the books below in the review that I will link.

As always happy reading and thank you all for your support :)

Through the Veil by Colleen Halverson

Through the Veil

syns

Elizabeth Tanner is no Tinkerbell, and her life is no fairy tale. Broke and drowning in student loans, the one thing she wants more than anything is a scholarship from the Trinity Foundation. But after the ancient Irish text she’s studying turns out to be more than just a book, she becomes their prisoner instead. And when Trinity reveals Elizabeth is half-Fae, she finds herself at the center of a plot to save the magical races of Ireland from a brutal civil war.

As Commander of Trinity’s elite warriors, Finn O’Connell isn’t used to having his authority challenged. He doesn’t know whether to punish or protect the infuriating young woman in his custody. When he discovers the Dark Fae want to use Elizabeth’s abilities to control the source of all power in the universe, he’ll risk everything to help her.

At the mercy of Trinity and enslaved to the Dark Fae, Elizabeth finds herself alone on the wrong side of an Irish myth thousands of years in the making. Refusing to be a pawn in their game, Elizabeth has to fight her way back to the man she loves, but to do so, she must wage her own war against the magic that binds her.

4 ½ ★

Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs

Fire Touched

syns

Mercy Thompson has been hailed as “a heroine who continues to grow and yet always remains true to herself.”* Now she’s back, and she’ll soon discover that when the fae stalk the human world, it’s the children who suffer… Tensions between the fae and humans are coming to a head. And when coyote shapeshifter Mercy and her Alpha werewolf mate, Adam, are called upon to stop a rampaging troll, they find themselves with something that could be used to make the fae back down and forestall out-and-out war: a human child stolen long ago by the fae. Defying the most powerful werewolf in the country, the humans, and the fae, Mercy, Adam, and their pack choose to protect the boy no matter what the cost. But who will protect them from a boy who is fire touched?

5 ★

The Exorcist Who Loved Me by Jennifer Savalli

The Exorcist Who Loved Me

syns

Hiring an exorcist is not something widowed single mom Holly Archer ever thought she’d do. But the blackouts she’s been having mean someone—or something—is hijacking her body and she wants it stopped, like yesterday.

The hottie who shows up at her door is the first man who’s sparked her interest since her awful marriage. It’s no hardship to give herself over to his skills, and in short order the spirit is ejected—and Holly comes face to face with Celia, the ghost of her dead husband’s mistress.

Lawe Callahan figured this would be an easy case, and by morning he’d be headed for another town, leaving Holly and her witchy amber eyes behind. Until she agrees to help the ghost, who refuses to budge until her killer is brought to justice.

As the investigation heats up, so does Lawe and Holly’s attraction. But their differences not only threaten any chance of something real, their quest for the truth could drive a killer to tie up all loose ends—permanently.

Warning: Contains a footloose exorcist who doesn’t let grave dirt stick to his feet for long, and a woman who isn’t in a hurry to commune with the dead. A little sleuthing, a little more gettin’ nekkid, and a lotta angst.

4 ★

Light Runner by Philip Brown

Light Runner

syns

Sixteen-year-old Dara Adengard would rather read graphic novels than do her homework and prefers the freedom of skateboarding to the restrictions of life with her military father. Stung by the recent death of her mother, Dara conceals her mom’s picture under a square of grip tape on her skateboard. But no matter how much Dara tries to keep a foothold on the past, she can’t ride away from her own destiny.

One evening, she discovers a silver and gold armlet with mysterious powers in the shadowy water of the swimming pool. Forged from an ancient meteorite metal, it possesses the power to heal or wound. When Dara holds it, it emits a light that seems to have been ignited by a star’s ray. Moments later, she is stunned to find that someone’s broken into her apartment, her father has vanished, and a dead body lies sprawled in the courtyard.

Evading the police, Dara escapes on a perilous quest for her father, begins to uncover her mother’s hidden past, and starts to realize the shocking truth about herself. Accompanied by a stray dog, Dara soars to sudden fame on the wings of a YouTube video that shows her using the Jyotisha to heal the handsome Diego of a gunshot wound. When the video goes viral, a famous TV talk show personality connects with her, and Dara is propelled from homeless runaway to worldwide sensation.

3 ½ ★

Beyond the Veil: Book One by Charity Becker

Beyond the Veil

syns

When the dark riders come, death always follows. There is no escape, for they have no mercy. For thousands of years, this has been the only truth for the people of Ahwn. However, the soldiers of Brynn have not given up. The prophecies tell of a great journey across the world and through the Sleeping Grounds, a land of magic and mystery from which no one has ever returned. The prize: a legendary weapon of immeasurable power. The only weapon strong enough to tip the scales in their centuries-long war. Whoever wields the weapon first, wins.

But countless lives have been lost in the search, because the final key was never found. . . until now.

When the dark riders raid her peaceful village, slaughter her family, and enslave her, Lilly, a sheltered young woman who knows nothing of the outside world, must fight for her life. Amid lies and deceit, death and magic, Lilly must pick a champion, knowing that if she chooses wrong, Ahwn will pay the ultimate price.

4 ½ ★