Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson #9) by Patricia Briggs

Fire Touched - Patricia Briggs

syns

Mercy Thompson has been hailed as “a heroine who continues to grow and yet always remains true to herself.”* Now she’s back, and she’ll soon discover that when the fae stalk the human world, it’s the children who suffer... Tensions between the fae and humans are coming to a head. And when coyote shapeshifter Mercy and her Alpha werewolf mate, Adam, are called upon to stop a rampaging troll, they find themselves with something that could be used to make the fae back down and forestall out-and-out war: a human child stolen long ago by the fae. Defying the most powerful werewolf in the country, the humans, and the fae, Mercy, Adam, and their pack choose to protect the boy no matter what the cost. But who will protect them from a boy who is fire touched?

my though

I was really happy to finally be reading this book. It has been forever since the last Mercy book. And if you are not sure anymore what happened I recommend you reread the last book. The book starts off with a bang, when the pack is called to help with a troll that is destroying part of the city and killing humans. But that being the start of the book it is also just the tip of the iceberg for the pack. As they discover more and more about why the troll is sent. The fae are starting a war against the humans and Mercy and the pack are working hard to prevent that. I always love Mercy and how she is just herself, she wouldn’t change for anyone and always is true to herself. She also always helping others and doesn’t care if she endangers herself in doing so. I this case it is a little human boy that was taken by the fae many moons ago. Of course though it is never just that easy and many things happen and there is a lot more to learn about the oy than one may thik. Adam was also great in this book, of course he always is but in this book I absolutely loved him and how he handles certain situations that arise. There is still tension between some of the pack members and Mercy, but I love how she never backs down and basically never give a crap about it and just deals with it her way. We see a lot of familiar faces again in this book, most are good. We learn a lot more about other players in the series. Overall is was a great book, in fact one of my favorites in the series so far and I cannot wait to see what happens next. The end was just too awesome. I just hope we won’t have to wait for two years again. I rate this book at 5 ★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“We promised to grant him sanctuary, but if he doesn’t stick around like a fly in a whore’s mattress, then I guess we are off the hook.”

***

“I could smack you, “I said. “Just saying.” “I’m driving, “he answered meekly. “ And you shouldn’t hurt the one you love.” “Flirt on your own time, Lieblings,” advised Zee. “I am too old for it- you could give ne a heart attack.” “You’d have to have a heart for that threat to work,” I said, and happily settled in for a game of insults with Zee.

***

I glanced over at Zee, who had his happy face in again. It was just ……wrong to see a happy face on Zee.

***

I filed Edythe’s immunity in the mental file I kept marked Why Edythe/Yoyo Girl is Scary. It was a big file. ***

photo tumblr_mfianihbjW1qaa97co2_500_zpsqlzbj0bb.gif

*I received a free copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

goodreads-badge-add-plus-