Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires #10) by Chloe Neill

Blood Games - Chloe Neill

syns

While Merit didn’t choose to become a vampire or Sentinel of Cadogan House, she vowed to fight for her House and its Master, and she’s managed to forge strong alliances with powerful supernaturals across Chicago. But even though Merit has had wild adventures, this may be her deadliest yet...

A killer is stalking Chicago, preying on humans and leaving his victims with magical souvenirs. The CPD hasn’t been able to track the assailant, and as the body count rises, the city is running out of options. Vampires and humans aren’t on great terms, but murder makes for strange bedfellows. Can Merit find the killer before she becomes a target?

my though

This book seemed a bit darker than the other ones. We still plenty of humor and snark but also betrayal, heartbreak and anger as we dig deeper into it.

There is a serial killer on the loose in Chicago and of course Merit and her gang investigate, trying to stop the killer before he strikes again.

Trouble is brewing with the GP and of course the house is right in the middle of it, even though they are not part of it anymore. But when something happens to one of my least favorite characters in the series, Darrius, Ethan wastes no time to help him. All that even though he challenged the GP, he steps up.

Most of the book is about Ethan and his challenge with the GP, but of course there is so much more to it than anybody would suspect. Also people from his past come back and some of his “darker” past is revealed. He has some trouble dealing with it. And with that he pushes Merit away, or at least tries to.  The relationship is at a rocky state as Merit is trying to Ethan to trust her more about his past. But we all know that he is as stubborn as they come.

One of the people is an old friend of Ethan that Merit calls for help. Amit. I really liked him and hope we get to see more of him, which I suspect will :)

Another is Nicole also someone form Ethan’s past but not everything is so great there plenty of danger coming with her.

I really LOVED Merit this book, this booked really how much she grew since we first met her and not just as a warrior but as a woman, that she is really confident with herself and her future with Ethan. I like that no matter what she didn’t back down and never gave up and stood up to Ethan. She really kicks butt in this book, all while being her snarky self.

Her friendship with her and Malory also get some more TLC and they are almost back to normal. Both have healing to do and have to find a way to overcome the things that happened with them. The same goes for Catcher and Malory … but there are some really great moments for them and hope that one day all will be back to normal. Malory also has some projects she is working on and that also seems to be helping her.

Of course we get to see most of the other members of our merry gang, Jeff and Chuck some nymph drama and so on. We don’t get to see the pack as much which I always look forward to and keep waiting to see if we get more hints about the prophecy. I can hardly wait but my guess is, that it be a while yet.

Overall, great book, even if Ethan had his not so nice moments, but we get plenty of action and I must say the outcome of the GP was NOT what I expected, I had a few theories but this was not even one of them. I was a shocked as the rest of them. It will be interesting to see what comes next for them and how that will affect our friends.

Of course the ending was a cliffhanger and also something I didn’t see coming and I’m very curious to see how that plays out.

I rate this book at a 4 ½ ★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“Go ahead,” I told him. “Go see your admirers. Sign some autographs. It’s good PR for the House.” He slid me a glance, smiled. “Not concerned one of the fans will try to sweep me away with words of love?” “Oh, they’ll try to sweep,” I said. “But I have no worries you’ll come back to me.” His smile was meltingly handsome. “Because I love you without measure?” “Of course,” I said. Also, I had the car keys.”

***

“The sword’s a really nice touch—did you get it at Faire Makers?—but I’m not buying the attitude. It’s not really Merit. You should be channeling your inner vampire sex warrior. Like this,” she said, then put her hands on her hips, canted out one leg, and smiled sensually. “What?” was all I could think to say. “Maybe a little more cleavage, too.” “Cleavage.” She nodded, winked. “A vampire sex warrior can never show too much cleavage.”

***

“Phones on, and stay alert,” Luc said. “And tell Jonah we said hello.” “Lucas,” Ethan politely said, “kiss my ass.”

***

“And in case you didn’t know,” he grunted, “Lakshmi torched the building.”

“Oh, I know. She lit the damn match in here, I’m going to punch her in that pretty little face if I survive this.”

“We will survive it, and we’ll both punch her in that pretty little face.”

***

“He wore a gray hoodie with the green Jakob’s Quest logo across the front. Dear God, I thought. The RG had a Jeff.”

photo tumblr_n7bb4whRO51rynphxo8_r1_250_zpsetamvocc.gif

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Available NOW

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/blood-games-chicagoland-vampires-10-by-chloe-neill