Zero Day (Slow Burn #1) by Bobby Adair

Slow Burn - Bobby Adair

Synopsis:

A new flu strain has been spreading across Africa, Europe, and Asia. Disturbing news footage is flooding the cable news channels. People are worried. People are frightened. But Zed Zane is oblivious.

Zed needs to borrow rent money from his parents. He gets up Sunday morning, drinks enough tequila to stifle his pride and heads to his mom’s house for a lunch of begging, again.

But something is wrong. There’s blood in the foyer. His mother’s corpse is on the living room floor. Zed’s stepdad, Dan is wild with crazy-eyed violence and attacks Zed when he comes into the house. They struggle into the kitchen. Dan’s yellow teeth tear at Zed’s arm but Zed grabs a knife and stabs Dan, thirty-seven times, or so the police later say.

With infection burning in his blood, Zed is arrested for murder but the world is falling apart and he soon finds himself back on the street, fighting for his life among the infected who would kill him and the normal people, who fear him.

My thoughts:

Because I like zombie books, well most of them and Amazon had the Box set for Books 1-3 for free I snatched it right up.

To be honest when I started this book, I wasn’t sure if I would like it. I was sure that the main character Zed is a crazy psychopath. Really. This is not really a spoiler and it’s mentioned in the synopsis so I tell you why I thought he was. When he goes to his mom’s house and finds his step dead munching on her and gets attacked by his stepdad, he naturally kills him in self-defense. No biggie. He calls 911 and they are busy and after a while he passes out from blood loss or his wounds. After he wakes up he, tries again to call 911 and of course still no luck. Well what would be the next logical thing to do? I guess according to Zed we go to the kitchen and make some food, with three nasty dead corpses in the house (his mom, neighbor and stepdad). After a nice snack before calling 911 again, he first takes a shower to get all the blood and gore of him ?!  WHAT NORMAL person dos that ????

You can find the rest of my review here

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/zero-day-slow-burn-1-by-bobby-adair